treinta y siete

normally, people went to a laboratory for pregnancy tests, wishing the results were positive. and on many occasions, their lovers accompanied them as they took them by the hands and smiled anxiously waiting for their turn. or at least, that seemed to be the case with the cramped couple sitting on the couch in front of corbyn, in the small waiting room.

his stomach was a knot of nerves, his hands kept shaking and every fifteen seconds he looked at where zach was, hoping to find him in the same place by the window. one of his fears right now was to turn around and realize that he had disappeared.

they had been there for at least an hour, at which time the other couples had not stopped looking at both zach and corbyn, while whispering things in their ears. the blonde couldn't blame them, it wasn't hard to guess that corbyn and zach weren't there for fun. actually, we were the only ones who didn't fit in that place.

'what are we going to do if i'm pregnant?'

'i know someone who can fix this.'

zach had said it without thinking about what corbyn wanted to do. and corbyn wanted a baby, maybe not at that moment, but what if he aborted and then told him he couldn't have more?

his mother told him about cases that happened to models that sometimes they had to abort for their jobs.

corbyn thought he could take care of a baby. alone.

without the help of zach.

finally, when the carameled couple in front of him was called, corbyn knew that the next ones to be called by the results would be them. the blond let out the air from his lungs and covered his face with both hands, however, it was not enough to hide his nervousness. he wanted to vomit.

"what i said a while ago wasn't serious" zach's voice forced him to look at him, he was with his back to him, staring at his reflection in the window. "i usually say stupid things when i'm angry."

from the tone in his voice, corbyn could assure that he really seemed sorry. zach walked to approach corbyn and bent down to look at him from below, took the blonde's hands in his and swallowed before speaking. "i would never ask you to do something like not having the baby, it's just that... someone like me should never have children." he held the air in his lungs before releasing him hard.

"when my family members look at me..." zach shook his head and clenched his teeth. "when i look at my own reflection in a mirror... i can only see a monster looking back at me. no matter how much i deny it, or how much i try to ignore it, i know that sooner or later i will end up becoming someone like my father. i... would not bear that you and the son that you could carry, end up living the same as i lived. "

corbyn hurried to take zach's face in his hands to silence him. "why are you so hard on yourself? yes, you may be physically the same as your father, however, there is something that makes them completely different and that is here." said corbyn putting his hand in zach's chest."i know you would never be able to hurt someone... or me."

"how can you be so sure of that?" he demanded. "how can you be sure that i will never harm you?"

"because otherwise, you would have done it." the brown of his eyes was clearer than ever. "you are not like to your father, zach." zach eyes lightened even more at hearing corbyn0's words. no one had ever said that to him. "you are not and never will be, so stop thinking about that. everything will be fine."