veinticinco

after that day, zach and corbyn didn't cross a word again. even when they were in the hall of the school their eyes didn't even meet by chance. for zach, corbyn didn't exist anymore, as for the blonde, he tried his best to try to forget him.

but it was useless. after all, you can't choose who you fall in love with.

the news about their breakup quickly came to light, it was rumored that zach had cheated on him with a girl, it was rumored that corbyn had cheated on him with another boy, and the worst, it was rumored that now gabbie was trying to seduce zach.

two weeks passed and corbyn already felt that an eternity had passed, he wanted to approach him, he wanted to talk to him... but he couldn't do it. the last day that corbyn spoke with zach, zach offered to take him home and corbyn accepted, he didn't feel the strength to finish classes.

that day, it had been their farewell.

"what will we be after this?" the blonde had asked.

"we will be what we were before, strangers." zach replied after giving him one last kiss.

and really zach was keeping his word, for him now corbyn was just a stranger. one he didn't look, not even by accident.

corbyn finished storing some things in his locker when he was surprised to find shawn standing next to him.

"you scared me." the blonde admitted.

"corbs, i was wondering if you wanted to go out with me on saturday. are you free?"

was he inviting me out? shawn?

corbyn frowned and tried not to pout. he would never accept a date with him, first because he was one of jack's best friends and second, because he was the boy christina loved, one of her best friends.

"sorry, i'm busy on saturday." corbyn lied.

"how about sunday?" the brunette boy insisted.

"i'm busy on sunday too."

shawn smiled and crossed his arms. "whenever i try to invite you out you are busy. why do you keep rejecting me? "

"shawn." corbyn said closing his locker to go to the gym, today he played training with the band and the cheerleaders. "you are one of jack's best friends, not to mention that you have a rare relationship with chris."

"i have no relationship with chris, and as for jack..."

"i can't go out with you, i'm sorry."

corbyn turned around and headed to the gym. he hoped shawn understood, he didn't want to have problems with chris because of him.

anna, daniel and chris were waiting for him at the gym, the three were already dressed, the girls in the cheerleading uniform and daniel in the band, just missing corbyn.

"why did you take so long? it's almost time, "gabbie exclaimed. "and you're not even dressed, they freaking captain is always late."

corbyn wasn't going to argue with her, she was right, shawn had delayed him a little but it wasn't that bad. she didn't have to complain. quickly corbyn put on his uniform and they went out to the field. corbyn prepared the band as the cheerleaders were with the stretches.