cincuenta y dos

"dean, you should rest a little." said the policewoman looking at him with a raised eyebrow. she was just trying to be nice.

"i'm not tired." zach answered sitting in one of the hospital chairs with one of his hands stretched out on the hospital bed.

he needed to be there. to be awake.

zach had corbyn's hand grabbed with his. corbyn could not respond to the grip because he was with his eyes closed, deeply asleep from the drugs of the hospital medicines.

"those marks around you eyes say the opposite. come, go home and try to sleep. i will stay here with him."

"i said i'm fine." answered zach moodyly. he just wanted to see how corbyn's green eyes opened and looked at him tenderly smiling. but that wasn't going to happen.

"dean..."

"officer parrsih, i think you know me well enough to know that no matter how much you insist, you won't get away from me. so stop wasting your time." answered zach turned his gaze to the stretcher where corbyn was.

the blonde seemed to be sleeping calmly with tracks with serum in his arms and a large bandage covering his left chest where kay had shot him.

"okay, okay, i won't keep insisting." the woman replied.

"great" there was a long silence before either of them spoke again.

"changing the subject... what did the doctor say? is there anything new?" asked officer parrish who has just come to cover james's turn.

"he woke up a few hours ago." zach replied.

"really? did he someone say? how was he...?"

"they had to inject tranquilizers, apparently he suffered a panic attack" zach interrupted her remembering how the blonde had woken up two hours after the operation screaming for help.

zach felt terrible. he hadn't even found him in the bathroom. it was daniel who after anna threw her drink unintentionally over his shirt had to go to the bathroom to wash. and there he found corbyn lying on the floor with blood everywhere, holding his chest, crying and almost drowning in the blood that began to hover in his mouth.

"oh i see, poor boy." answered the woman. "and how is the other boy? daniel seavey?"

zach hadn't worried about daniel, he had just had a panic attack and had passed out next to corbyn. luckily daniel didn't go to the bathroom alone so someone could help corbyn, jonah had accompanied him and was able to call the police.

also anna had come to see corbyn that afternoon and had warned zach about her brother's condition.

"he's okay, just passed out. nothing weird about him."

the officer left the room and zach was left alone with corbyn again, watching him while he rested.

ΩΩΩ

"when i was little, jay used to tell me that i should never love a person, according to him, all the men of the rogers family were destined to make the person they loved suffer most. i was just a child, so at that time the only person i loved was my mother. it was until he started beating her that i realized that his words were true, jay was the person who loved my mother the most, but he was also the person who made her suffer the most ... "

corbyn recognized that voice. it was zach. zach was speaching to him, he was with him.

"i grew up with the idea that i should never love someone, not even the members of my family." zach continued speaking. "i told myself that the best thing i could do was to stay away from the rest, that way i wouldn't develop feelings of affection for anyone. kay was the exception, when i met her i could see that she was like me and wanted to help her. i forced myself to develop feelings for her, only that they were never romantic feelings. "

"i just love you. just you, matthew, no one else. what i feel for you is totally different, when i met you, for the first time in my life i wanted to know what it felt like to love a person. but the fear of hurting you, the fear of being me the person who would make you suffer was always there, following my steps like a shadow. "

the voice of zach began to be heard more and more and weaker, until it became a soft whisper for the blonde lying on the couch. corbyn couldn't even open his eyes.

"it was you who gave a new meaning to the crappy life i was leading, you made me understand the meaning of the word love, you made me understand many things and then... then i fell in love."

zach's words made corbyn feel happier but no matter how much he tried to wake up, no matter how much he to open his eyes was useless.

before he knew it, corbyn found himself in a deep state of relationship and sleep.

===
word count: 845

short chapter, sorry.

3 years of this five cuties. love them 3000

𝕗𝕒𝕜𝕚𝕟𝕘 𝕚𝕥

𝕗𝕒𝕜𝕚𝕟𝕘 𝕚𝕥