cuarenta y nueve

warning: very long chapter

====

after all the fuss at school, corbyn decided to take an uber and get out of there as soon as possible. he wanted to disappear from all those looks that did nothing but judge him for something that hadn't been in his fault. of course, before he left, he sent a message to his friends to let them know that he was leaving school before them, nor did he want to make them feel that he was suffocating them by depending so much on them, especially jack now that he was living in his house.

after the uber left him in front of jack's house, corbyn stopped dead when he saw a man sitting on the porch stairs, waiting to see him arrive. corbyn recognized him instantly.

as soon as his father's blue gaze met corbyn's, his father's first reaction was to get up from the place where he was and open his mouth to say something, only that he apparently did not find the right words and when he tried to approach corbyn, the blonde backed away.

that certainly surprised ray.

corbyn didn't want him close, not when he had done absolutely nothing to prevent his mother from kick him out of the house.

"corbyn" ray began talking.

"what are you doing here?" cried corbyn sharply.

his father blinked confused and continued. "i need to talk with you."

corbyn crossed his arms over my chest. "about what? do you want to talk about how my mother lost her job because of me? oh, wait, i know, maybe you want to talk about how you didn't move a single finger when my mother decided to kick me out of the house even when i had nowhere to go? "

ray sighed. "do you think we can talk about this in a more private place?" his father muttered, pointing to a luxurious black car, parked by the wax.

"why? don't you want to be ashamed in front of the neighbors? "the blonde boy snorted. "and i thought i had embarrassed you enough with that video."

"corbyn, please get in the car."

"i will, get in the car and chat with you..." that made a hopeful smile come up on his father's face, a smile that would last only a few seconds. "only if you promise that after this conversation you will never look for me again."

yes, corbyn still was very upset with him.

"i can't promise something like that, matthew." his father opened the passenger door and held it for his son. "now please, i beg you to get in the car."

even if corbyn was very angry at his father, it was extremely difficult for him to refuse, so he ended up giving in to his pleas and got into the car.

once inside, corbyn noticed that this time they didn't have a driver, which was quite strange since he had never seen his father drive a car on his own. when ray sat behind the wheel and started the engine, corbyn knew that indeed, this would be the first time in his life, where he would see him driving a car.

"are you hungry?" he asked suddenly. "i would like to take you to that cafeteria we used to go to when you were little, the desserts there were your favorites, remember?"