veintiséis

"doesn't your head hurt anymore?" anna asked.

"i'm perfectly well."

"well? we were quite scared yesterday when you passed out. "

"also gabbie fell on top of you." daniel said as he combed his freshly dyed blond hair. now anna and he could almost look like twins.

the band and the cheerleaders were in the gym locker rooms, preparing for their presentation before the game that night.

"very well, it's almost time!" exclaimed coach ross, her eyes set on corbyn. "besson, if it doesn't feel good, seavey will take your place."

"i'm fine, don't worry." corbyn hastened to say.

"are you sure?"

"yes."

when the woman nodded and left the locker room, corbyn took one of my hands to the back of his neck and touching the small lump on his head and made a soft expression of pain. it still hurt, but not too much.

daniel looked at him with a frown.

"corbs, i'd like to talk to you." the blond heard gabbie's voice before leaving the locker room.

"what's wrong?" corbyn asked to see her so serious.

"i want us to talk alone," gabbie added, looking at anna and daniel.

the two friends of corbyn looked at the blonde as if seeking his approval to leave the field without him, corbyn nodded, so they had no choice but to leave them alone.

"what's up?" corbyn asked again.

gabbie bit her lip. "you're probably thinking it was me who caused yesterday's accident, but i promise you it wasn't." corbyn shot her a suspicious look. "you and i were once friends, of course i would never do something like throwing you on purpose, less than a height like that."

even when he didn't want to believe her words, she seemed to be speaking seriously. she looked very sincere. corbyn sighed. she was right, probably in the end her fall had not been intentional.

"it's fine. don't worry, "said corbyn, turning to the door.

gabbie took him by the arm. "wait! also... i also wanted to apologize. "

"what?"

"yes, you know. for having ruined our friendship and having messed with jack, but i swear it was he who looked for me, i never... "

"gabbie." corbyn didn't need to hear that. "it's okay."

the music coming from the countryside caught the attention of corbyn. "we have to hurry, the game will start."

"i'm sorry, corbyn, but you've always had it all. it's time for you to lose everything. "

corbyn frowned without understanding anything.

before he could react, gabbie pushed him so hard that corbyn ended up falling to the ground, but she didn't stop there, when he tried to get up he got kicked in the ribs.