veintinueve

the boy could hear the sound of the man's footsteps all over the house, going from one place to another. he could tell his father was furious. very furious. the best thing he could do was to remain hidden behind the old and worn sofa in the living room, only in that way would he not discharge his anger against him.

the entrance door creaked and someone entered the house.

"where the fuck were you?" demanded his father.

the brunette boy shivered at the sound of his voice.

"i was..." she began, but was interrupted by a heavy blow, surely he had slapped her.

"you were with your lover, right bitch?"

zach heard his mother sob loudly, he must have hit her very hard. he wanted to run and protect her, but if he did it would be he who would end up be hit until he got tired.

it was always like that.

"i went to the supermarket" zach's mother excused herself. "the cans of..."

another hit.

"do you think i'm stupid?" the blows continued. "i know you were with one of your many lovers."

zach had to cover his ears with both hands to stop listening to those loud blows that made his mother sob in pain. slowly the fury and helplessness within him was building up, as well as fear and panic.

he couldn't help his mother... he was too cowardly to do it. he didn't want to get hurt.

"please, jay... i swear i just went to the supermarket. i don't have any lover." but she shouted after being hit again.

"you are a damn lying slut!"

"no! let me go!"

"what? now you don't like to be touched? "

"you are hurting me! let me go!"

there was a loud bang on the floor, zach swallowed while his pulse accelerated.

"i'm going to fuck you until you can't close your damn legs, bitch."

zach stretched his neck on the couch to see them both lying on the floor. his father was on top of his mother ramming her hips wildly against his body again and again. hearing his mother's heartbreaking screams was too much for the young boy, zach's body moved by itself.

he quickly emerged from his hiding place and hurriedly beat his father with all the force he could. he had to get rid of him or else he was going to keep hurting her.

when jay rogers's gaze fell on zach, he could see the look of a deranged man. his eyes were bloodshot red, and the vein on his forehead seemed to be about to explode. "you finally went out to defend your mother, you bastard of shit." he exclaimed in a tone that scared zach.

he finally stopped hurting his mother to get up from the floor and then buckle his pants. zach's body was paralyzed with fear, it was then that he felt a blow to the head so strong, that he ended up sending him to the ground. but he didn't stop there, he continued hitting him kicking his body.