veintidos

on sunday morning, corbyn woke up with very swollen eyes. after having argued with his father, the tears didn't stop until he fell asleep. his head hurt and he just wanted to go back to sleep when someone knocked on the door.

"corbyn," the blonde listened to his father's voice through the door. "please, let me in."

the blonde covered his face with the sheets and refused to get up. his plan was to stay in bed all day, he didn't want to see his father, not after how he had preferred to believe his idiotic ex.

"come on, come on, let me in. i made you breakfast." insisted ray besson.

corbyn's stomach roared in response, he couldn't  imagine his father preparing breakfast. corbyn let out a long sigh and decided it was time to stop acting like a kid. he forced his legs out of the bed, walked to the door and unlocked it.

on the other side his father was holding a tray with a lot of food in his hands.

definitely he hadn't prepared anything that was there, the noise that came from downstairs told him that there was someone in the kitchen.

each time one of their parents was in the house, it was filled with employees. corbyn returned to bed with his father behind him, left the tray of food and sat on the corner of the mattress looking at him as if corbyn were a wounded kitten.

"corbyn ... i wanted to apologize to you, you were right, i shouldn't believe other people's words without first hearing yours."

since the strawberries on the tray looked so fresh, corbyn took one and put it in his mouth. his stomach thanked him. "oh yeah?" the blonde said now taking a bite of the waffles.

"are you going to tell me your version of the story?"

"it's not my version of the story, it's the true story," corbyn clarified, still a little annoyed. "and really, it's a pretty silly story."

"i want to listen to it."

corbyn sighed. "well, but don't laugh. it all started a couple of weeks after you and mom left the city, the bicentennial tigers had just won for the third consecutive time the international ones, so chris planned a big party at his home. home that night for triumph, "corbyn took another strawberry. "but when i got to the party, jack wasn't anywhere. after a while i found him arguing in the kitchen, when i asked them what they were talking about, gabbie went up to one of the tables to give an announcement."

corbyn's father was listening attentively, so corbyn continued.

"she told everyone at the party that she and jack had been fucking for three months." when corbyn said the word fucking his father made a face of displeasure. ray still liked to think they were too young for all that. "at that time i wasn't thinking with sanity, i just wanted to be swallowed by the earth. then i had an idea, so as not to be like the guy who was cheated, i told everyone that i had also been cheating on jack with another boy."

"so you cheated on him?" ray asked confused.

"no, dad, i made that up. i had been cheating on him with zach dean when in fact i didn't even know him."

the expression on his father's face wasn't very happy. "well, let's stop everything... zach dean is that guy from yesterday, right?" corbyn nodded. "you say you didn't know him, but then why yesterday he tried to take off all your clothes?"