cuarenta

if corbyn had to choose a single word to define his relationship with zach, it would probably be perfect.

after his last fight in the arena, his behavior with the blonde had changed a lot, now he was more attentive, affectionate and even thoughtful. this was the third time that zach came to see him and this time he came with a beautiful bouquet of flowers in his hands.

"where did you buy these roses?" corbyn asked, inhaled the scent they gave off.

zach shrugged. "they are from the garden of the house next door."

corbyn snorted and placed the beautiful roses in a vase. "mrs. gomez first cuts off your head before you can cut one of her flowers."

that was true, mrs. gomez was a woman in her fifties who lived alone in the house next door, her garden was everything to her. she was always watering and taking care of her flowers as if they were a precious treasure, of course she would kill anyone who dared to touch a single petal of her roses.

"well, she seems to like me, maybe tomorrow i can bring you sunflowers. or do you prefer tulips? "

"you lie, mrs. gomez doesn't like anyone. she even had the boy who delivered the newspapers every morning fired, now i have nothing to read while i eat my breakfast. "

zach smiled. "then i am the exception" corbyn looked at him narrowing his eyes, waiting for an explanation from him. "the other day while coming here, he asked me for help, it seemed he was having trouble with his car."

"and?"

"it was the battery, i spent power with my truck and the woman was delighted by my kind act. he invited me to have a cup of tea at his house and then he gave me flowers from his garden as thanks." he made a gesture of disgust with his lips. "i don't like flowers, so i thought it was better to give them to you."

"wait a moment, are you saying that these flowers were given to you by that woman, and since you don't like them, you give them to me?"

"yes. didn't you hear everything i just said? "

well, i withdraw all of the above. zach was still the same old idiot, it was clear that a person could not change just like that overnight, much less in two weeks, corbyn thought.

corbyn sighed heavily and crossed his arms over his chest. "then i don't want them."

"oh?" his eyebrows frowned when corbyn took the roses from the vase and handed them back. "you don't like flowers?"

"i like them, what i don't like is that you give me flowers that a sluty woman gives you because she probably liked you."

zach snorted. "she doesn't like mw. and selena is not a sluty woman, she is a widow and her children don't usually visit her often, so she is always alone. "

"selena?" was the only thing corbyn heard about the last thing zach said. "so now you are called her by her first name?"

"are you really getting jealous of a fifty-seven year old woman?"

embarrassed, corbyn blushed slightly and hurriedly shook his head. "no."

zach approached corbyn and surrounded him with his arms. "if she asked me for help, it was because when she saw me, she confused me with one of her children. and when she realized her mistake she apologized and invited me to have a cup of tea, it was there that i told her that the beautiful boy who lives next to her is my boyfriend. she told me that you surely would like her flowers and that whenever i wanted, i would go to her garden for some. "