treinta y cinco

"does he know?" was the only thing that came out of corbyn's mouth.

did zach know that these people were his family by blood?

"of course." myta herron swallowed and looked down. "when i told my father the idea of ​​adopting my sister's son, he refused flatly. he hated jay and the last thing he wanted was to see the memory of that man on a child's face, but i couldn't leave a six-year-old boy in an orphanage. my husband and i decided to adopt him, we took him to our house and sister immediately accepted him, he was bigger and fully understood the situation, besides, he had always wanted a younger brother whom he could care for and protect. "

"the problem was that my father never endured being in the same room as zach, and never bothered to hide his contempt for him. zach still being a child, he knew that his grandfather hated him... finally when zach turned twelve, he discovered the truth of his origin and from that day he grew up with the idea that not only his grandfather, but that the whole family he hated him for the simple fact of being physically equal to his father. but that is not true, my father may never accept zach as his grandson even on his deathbed, but for me, as for the rest of the family, that boy is a memory of her."

corbyn sighed and twisted his nose. "now i understand why zach never refers to you not like his parents or his brother... he thinks you all consider him a bastard."

"no one in this family considers him a bastard, he is my sister's son and now he is also my son."

corbyn smiled.

zach was very wrong, all these people were not being fake or hypocritical. the way they had received him with such joy and warmth could not be false, they really wanted him.

ΩΩΩ

after chatting with mss. herron for a while, corbyn decided that it was time to go to the lake to look for zach, where he found him fishing with his cousin. seeing him interact with the little boy made corbyn's heart feel very happy, he would never have imagined that zach could smile when teaching a seven-year-old boy to fish.

he was afraid he would have drowned him in the lake.

"how's fishing going, guys?" asked corbyn as he approached them.

both turned to look at him.

"we caught a big one!" the little boy murmured enthusiastically.

"really?"

"yes! look! "the boy pointed to a metal bucket next to them, where there was a large fish.

"whoa, it's huge," said corbyn. "what do you plan to do with him?"

zach shrugged. "let's cook it."

but the little boy looked at zach with a horror face, shook his head and took the heavy bucket in his arms. "we can't cook it!" the little one hurried to say. "he is still alive!"

"that's why there's no problem, jamie, a fish out of the water doesn't survive for long." zach spoke.

but jamie shook his head again. "i don't want it  to be cooked. i want it to be my pet."