Chapter 23

Gray POV

" Where's Ultear?" Natsu asked.

"Who?" For some reason he was getting dirty looks from everyone on the table. Even Juvia.

"An where's Uncle Silver" He asked

"'Uncle Silver' is dead." I replied.

His face was a mixture of shock and disbelief. "And seriously. Who's Ultear?"

"Is that supposed to be a joke? I'm confused"

"Okay. I don't care what the freaking doctor said. Were doing this right now" Mum screamed over us. Sheesh. We right in front of you mum.

"Doing what, may I ask?" I wondered what the hell was going on. Even Natsu was in on this family secret. What the hell.

"Oh I see. Well mum. Can I do the honours." Lyon said. His eyes glittered with hate and resentment and his face was covered with a sneer.

"We could start with the fact that it's all Grays fault dad died and"

"LYON FULLBUSTER. SHUT YOUR FREAKING MOUTH. DONT YOU DARE TELL LIES." Mum shouted at him. I've never seen her more angry in my life.

"Whatever." He muttered. What? I caused dads death. That's impossible. I don't even remember that. I don't even know how he died.

"Mother may I intervene and suggest that maybe now isn't the best time" Erza added. What was the thing that wasn't the bests time to talk about now.

"Erza. Seriously? You don't want that weak idiot to know?"

"Who you calling weak?" I threw a pile of ice that I formed at his head.

"You dumbass." Ever since we sat down. I noticed that Lyon seemed way more angry and pissed at me than usual.

"Lyon. Shut up. This isn't about you and your problems. Were here for Gray right now" Mum gave Lyon the 'look'. The look we all feared. That's when Lyon snapped.

"MUM. SERIOUSLY? THAT BASTARD TOOK EVEYTHING FROM ME. HES THE REASON ULTEAR DIED. ITS HIS FAULT YOU AND DAD DIVORCED. AND YOU KNOW IT. AND BECAUSE OF THAT DAD GOT HIMSELF CANCER AND DIED. AND YOU KNOW ITS HIS FAULT. ALL YOU EVER CARED ABOUT FROM THEN WAS HIM. YOU COMPLETELY FORGOT ABOUT ME.

"Wait. What's he talking about?" I asked nervously.

"SHUT THE FUCK UP. I HATE YOU MORE THAN ANYTHING. INSTEAD OF DAD OR ULTEAR DYING, IT SHOULD OF BEEN YOU" And with that he ran out of the room. I heard the door slam shut which meant he left the house. Juvia ran after him. And mum just sat there shocked. We all basically sat there quietly. After a while Juvia came back. She said he ran away and she couldn't catch him.

All that ran through my mind wasn't the fact that I supposedly caused dad and this girl Ultears death. But I saw something in my brothers eyes that I hoped he'd never have. Especially when looking at me.

Complete and utter hatred.