Chapter 25 part 2

The screams and shouts echoed the halls every night. You could hear every word being said or in this case screamed. Curiosity always won. You could never force yourself to stop listening because you had hope that maybe the stuff being said was positive.

Mum and Dad had been at it for weeks. Nearly a month. Mum told me the spark was nearly gone. What's a spark? I was always reminiscing the past. Remorse always clutched at my throats. Guilt washed over me every time I heard the bellowing of my parents. I knew that one day it would all stop. One day the love would be completely gone. We wouldn't be a family. Not that we were complete at the moment. Ultear was gone. And it was all my fault.

Then one night just as I predicted. My father grabbed me by the arm and took me to my room. It was now only my room since Ultear didn't sleep here anymore. He grabbed a suitcase and stuffed my clothes in. Then he took me downstairs and to the hallway towards the door.

"What are you doing?" My mother screamed.

"I hate doing this more than anyone. But I'm doing this for Grays good. And your own and the other two. Your all in pain and haven't moved on from Ultears death. You of all people are not fit to raise a ill boy." And with that he slammed the door shut behind him, pulling Gray along behind him.

Time skip

After a while of staying at hotels, we found a small apartment. It was cheap and quite cosy. But it wasn't home. My dad tried his best to cheer me up. He'd take me to the park, McDonalds and loads of theme parks. It was fun when you went. But as soon as I got home, I was depressed again.

After a while. My dad took me to a new school. I was bullied and called a freak because of my depression. I had no friends and even the teachers gave me weird looks. So that was another horrible experience.

Then one day. After coming home from school my dad collapsed and I called the emergency number and the ambulance came and took him.

What I felt was indescribable. It was worse than pain. It was the complete and utter desire to see my dad make it out of this alive. I couldn't lose another one. I barely made it last time. But losing someone you love is worse than it sounds. You blame yourself for not doing enough. But in the end what could've you done. You can't tell the future and you can't change the past. Unless time machines are made because Einsteins theory of relativity works. Well I doubt that.

Anyways. My dad got leukaemia. And the doctors said it could be cured. It could. Not would. So day after day I came to the hospital basically watching my dad get thinner and thinner. He told me he hadn't told the others because he wanted to tell them when he was all better. But there was something in his eyes. Was it guilt?

Then one day the doctor came pit to me and told me that it couldn't be cured and he'd die very soon.

"Don't worry about it Gray." My face was mixture of shock and pity. I pitied myself. My life was a mess. And shock because i thought he'd be cured.

I cried like hell when I went home. I hated life. I hates myself. I hated my dad for lying. I hated my mum and siblings for not being there for him. I hated everyone and everything.

He died August 18 8:20. (I was born 8:20. So that's a horrible joke.)