Chapter 39

--Preview--

After pondering on the suitable present for Shen Grandpa, finally, she prepared medicinal herbs and ginseng for him with mean of longevity. Li Na raise the present and hands them to him "Please have this, Grandpa" 

Shen Grandpa took them and smiled, "Thanks. Since you just recover from your sickness, go eat many foods and recover your energy" After handing the gift to the maid, he invited her. "Yun Tian, this is her first time here so bring her around the house"

"Thank you, Grandpa" Li Na smiled but her hand that holding Shen Yun Tian's arm slightly tighten. First time here. Although she knew that Shen Grandpa doesn't have any ill intention in his word but it felt awful because it is true.

They excused themselves and moved to the center of the party. 

"Are you okay?" Shen Yun Tian whispered into her ears while holding her wrist in a protective manner. He noticed that she looked quite pale. 

Li Na looked up and see the concern in his eyes so she shook her head, trying to shake off the unpleasant feeling in her heart. 

"I am fine but feeling a little hungry" Understanding his character, she knew that Shen Yun Tian would keep filling his mind about her so she used that excuse to stop him from thinking further.

Shen Yun Tian nodded and slowly pulled her to sit on the chair, "Wait here. I will bring the food" 

Li Na closed her eyes, trying to suppress her heavy heart. She shouldn't be overly sensitive. Looking at the back of Shen Yun Tian that currently picking her foods on the plate made her agitate emotion calmed down.

"Eat, Li Na" He put the plate in front of her. All the foods he selected are all her favorites so unconsciously the corner of her lips lifted and the cloud on her face disappear. 

Shen Yun Tian felt her good mood and he took particular relish in watching her. Sometimes he would wipe the corner of her mouth whenever a little smudge of grease appeared. Used to being taken care of made Li Na offered her face toward him and that made their distance is too close. Like living in the world of their own.

While seating at the table, Li Na saw Shen Grandpa started to attract the attention of guests and thanks to them for attending his birthday reception. His strong and confidence ambiance made the onlookers unwittingly drawn to him. 

This gave Li Na a vision of Shen Yun Tian's elderly look and she proudly nodded. Her Teddy not only would be like Shen Grandpa but he will surpass him. 

Shen Yun Tian felt her leering eyes locked on him. While chuckled, he lovingly scratched her nose lightly. "Focus" He doesn't know what messy thought played in her mind but he does feel good.

Knowing that she got caught, letting out a silly smile, Li Na looked back to Shen Grandpa. The smile getting wider when she felt Shen Yun Tian intersect his fingers with hers and bring them on his lap.

"I am truly blessed this year. Not only Shen Group become flourished but my granddaughter finally healed from her illness" Hearing Shen Grandpa's speech suddenly ran toward her made Li Na's heart jumped in surprise.

"Come, Li Na" Shen Grandpa looked at her and gestured her to move forward. This made her body shaken.

 "Its look like Grandpa want to introduce you" Shen Yun Tian whispered into her ears. Li Na felt her stomach knotted up. She doesn't prepare for this.  Shaking her head, she silently pleaded to him.

"Don't be scared. I am beside you" Shen Yun Tian comforting her. He lightly pulled her toward Shen Grandpa.

"This is Xie Li Na, my granddaughter-in-law" Shen Grandpa's face is full of smile. After introducing her, Li Na controlled her emotion and gracefully greeted the guest. Thankfully, she still remembered the basic manner of attending a high profile reception.

Now that she is in front of others, Li Na noticed that her parent is among the attending crowd, smiling at her. Her uneasy heart eased and relieved.

After the speech over, Li Na and Shen Yun Tian moved toward her parent's direction. "Mom, Dad. you come" She hugged her mother and father while Shen Yun Tian greeted them warmly.

"Of course. Surprised?" Hu Yi spoke. Besides her is Li Nan, her brother.

Looking at both her brother and her sister-in-law made she felt delighted. After poking Yi Lin's baby cheek and cherishing her adorable gesture, she laughing happily. 

 While Li Na chatting with her mother and sister, as usual, Shen Yun Tian would be in the men's circle and talked with current issues. Occasionally his eyes would run toward her and his face would crack a soft smile.

Li Na spotted Shen Hwei Ru at the drinking corner so she excused herself from her family and moved toward her with Shen Yun Tian.

------------------------------

Sorry for the very very late update. This week is too busy. I will work hard on writing. Sorry once again!

You can read the full chapter at inkiit by clicking the link at About Me section on My Profile.

Please enjoy~~~Love you \(^v^)/