Chapter 83

Li Na's eyes fluttered open slowly, the sterile scent of antiseptic air and the muted hum of machinery pulling her from the weightless void of unconsciousness. The edges of her vision blurred as reality began to bleed into focus, chasing away the fading echoes of the long, painful dream that had kept her trapped for what felt like an eternity.

For a moment, she couldn't tell where she was—the haze of the dream still lingering like a thick mist before the first light of dawn. But then she felt it—a warmth radiating from her hand, steady and constant, as if tethering her back to the present.

Her gaze dropped, and she saw Shen Yun Tian sitting beside her hospital bed, his larger hand enveloping hers, the skin of his palm rough, yet his touch was feather-light, a quiet reminder of his presence, an anchor in the storm. Their fingers intertwined with such deliberate, tender care, as though she were something fragile, too precious for this world.

Shen Yun Tian sat beside her, his figure illuminated by the soft glow of the late afternoon sun streaming through the hospital window, the warm light catching on the faint sheen of exhaustion etched into his features.

His dark hair was slightly tousled, a few strands falling across his forehead, his expression serene but tight with tension, as if every breath he took was a quiet prayer for her to wake.

The slight movement of her fingers stirred him, and his head snapped up. His eyes—dark, like an endless night sky—were shadowed with exhaustion but brightened instantly as they locked onto hers, lighting up with a quiet intensity that was both breathtaking and raw, like the first sunrise after a long, harrowing night.

"Li Na..." he whispered, his voice a mixture of disbelief and reverence, as if speaking her name alone would anchor her to him once more. The sound of her name, spoken so softly, was like a key turning in the lock of her heart, and she felt her chest tighten in response. His grip on her hand tightened, not too much, but enough to ground them both in the reality of her awakening.

The lines of his face softened, the weight of all the sleepless nights and the long-held breath of worry slipping away as his shoulders relaxed, just slightly, as if his entire world had been holding on to this one moment of her waking. "Thank you," Shen Yun Tian murmured, his voice thick with emotion, "Thank you for your hard work."

His words washed over her, soothing like a soft breeze on a scorching day, but her attention was momentarily drawn by the sounds around them—the rhythmic beeping of the heart monitor, the gentle murmur of footsteps, and the faint cooing of a newborn baby in the next room.

Shen Yun Tian pressed the call button, his eyes never leaving her face, as if afraid she might vanish again. "Bring our daughter," he said, his voice laced with eagerness, though he tried to remain composed.

The room shifted subtly, tension melting into the air, filled with the expectancy of new life. Li Na blinked, still reorienting herself to the present. Her thoughts, slow and heavy, began to sharpen as the realization of everything hit her like a wave. The baby. Their baby. Yes, this long dream had begun after she fell into a deep sleep, exhausted from the strain of childbirth.

Moments later, the nurse gently placed a tiny bundle into Shen Yun Tian's arms. His usual air of quiet control wavered as he took their child, his hands trembling slightly, like a man holding the very heart of his world in his arms for the first time.

Awkwardly, yet with infinite care, he cradled the baby, his broad, strong arms suddenly seeming unsure as he held the delicate life he had helped bring into the world. His dark eyes, usually so focused and intense, softened as he gazed down at their child, and his proud composure melted into something boyish, almost vulnerable.

His hands trembled slightly as he carried the baby closer to Li Na. "Look at her," he whispered, a reverence in his tone as though he were presenting a priceless treasure. "She looks just like you."

As Li Na looked at her daughter, something inside her shifted, her heart expanding in ways she never thought possible, the ache of past lives and buried regrets slipping away with each breath. The baby's tiny, delicate face, framed by soft tufts of dark hair, was the very picture of innocence.

Her small, downy lashes fluttered against her pale skin, like the brush of butterfly wings, and her lips—a perfect, soft rosebud—parted slightly as she slept, utterly unaware of the enormity of the love surrounding her.

Her skin was pale like porcelain, her lips faintly pink as they parted in sleep, and her small hands curled in and out as if grasping for dreams. A warmth Li Na had long forgotten unfurled in her chest, spreading through her like sunlight melting the frost from winter.

The baby stirred, her lips curling slightly in what seemed to be a dream-born smile. It was a small smile, but it held the weight of the world in it, as if this tiny life held all the happiness they had been seeking for so long. Li Na's heart swelled as she reached out, her hand trembling, to brush her daughter's cheek. The skin beneath her fingers was impossibly soft, like the petal of a freshly bloomed flower, and the moment their touch connected, all the bitterness, the heartbreak, the years of anguish... they dissolved like smoke in the wind, replaced by an overwhelming peace that flooded her heart.

Li Na's laugh broke the silence—soft at first, like a melody returning after a long pause—but soon it turned into quiet sobs, the tears spilling freely, unbidden. These were not the tears of sorrow or pain she had come to know too well but tears of sheer, unrelenting relief. The dream—the long, torturous dream—was finally over. The nightmare that clung to her soul for what felt like lifetimes had ended. She was here, alive, and everything she cared about was real.

Shen Yun Tian's face paled as he watched her cry, his panic flashing across his usually composed face. "Li Na, I'm sorry! I'm so sorry! Is it too painful? Are you hurting?" His hands moved frantically as he passed the baby back to the nurse, his movements almost desperate as he gripped Li Na's hands. His forehead pressed against hers as his voice trembled. "Tell me what's wrong... I'll fix it. If you don't want more children, I'll get a vasectomy. I'll do anything—just tell me."

His frantic words jolted her from her overwhelming flood of emotion. She blinked at him, her vision still blurred with tears, and a soft smile curled at her lips despite the mess of emotions in her chest. Her hand rose shakily to his cheek, quieting him with the tender warmth of her touch.

"You... idiot." Her voice was hoarse, but it carried warmth, and her gaze softened. "I'm not crying because of the pain. I'm crying because I'm happy. I'm relieved..." She took a shaky breath, wiping her tears with her other hand.

Her lips curved into a more genuine smile, and she lightly slapped his hand. "And don't you even think about a vasectomy! I want a big family."

..........................................

Thank you angels~ Thank you for reading this novel

You can read the full chapter at inkiit by clicking the link at About Me section on My Profile.

Love you \(^v^)/