Chapter 60

--Preview--

The elevator brings Li Na down to the cafeteria area for a break after organized Gu Shen's schedule. Wearing a comfortable maternity blue strip dress, she walked to the food counter to order a nutritious launch menu.

With hand occupied with the food tray, Li Na's eyes wandered around the area and finally landed on the empty spot near the window. She leisurely walked to the seat so she can quietly take her food.

Usually, Hwang Ma would package the food for her but this morning she had a little trouble so she didn't prepare Li Na's launch box thus she had to come down to the cafeteria. The food in front of her was simple and the decor was plain, comparing them to the foods she usually consumes was like heaven and earth but she still brings the spoon into her mouth.

This is all because her husband stressfully monitored the diet intake that sometimes made the eating itself was torture. But through the grumbles and complaints, she just needed him to coax her.

Remembering Shen Yun Tian's helpless look made the corner of her lips unconsciously bend. Sitting by the floor to ceiling window, the sunray from the outside softly outlining her figure glowed her with gentleness full of maternity.

With additional of her presence, the ordinary cafeteria had turned into an exclusive classy place, grabbing the people surrounding's attention to look at her way.

Perhaps because too used accompanied Shen Yun Tian to his functions and events, she didn't aware of the elegant aura she emitted. On how delicates she looked each time she fixed her long hair behind her ear. How her eyes shine with her thoughts and the fragileness when she tried to eat the unpalatable food.

It's a wonder that her pregnancy had enhanced her beauty to the next level. The additional plump of her skin only made her complexion glowing. Her elegant and low key temperament doesn't invite any impolite but more toward appreciativeness and pure thought. 

As usual, the cafeteria was filled with casual talk, conversations, and chat on any event that occurred. Some people start to talk about Li Na, especially on her negative rumors circled around the company. It was said that the ruckus started by Di Xu was somehow related to her but it's still unclear.

Her quiet and lone time was finally interrupted with a few uninvited stranger's arrivals. Li Na put down her utensil and using a tissue to wipe the corner of her lips. 

"Hi, you are Li Na, right? I am Bi Yu, from Strategy Office" One of them started to introduce the other women besides her. Li Na politely greeted them and continue following the flow of their chat.

It's not like she doesn't have any idea. From a glance, she can see their intention with how their eyes portrayed the keenness to seek information from her. 

"Do you know that Di Xu had been fired by the company?" It is always the same way of extracting information, starting with a little patter to relax her and then they will go for the main course. And of course, once they obtained the answers they want, they will lose interest and leave.

 "Really?" She continues talking with a short answer and sometimes taking a sip of water.

"Yeah! Don't you know that the reason is somehow related to you? Some said that you made her leave using your connection. Is it true?" They are just too oblivious that Li Na couldn't help shaking her head.

"You don't know? Weird. Never mind then" As the chat continues, they still didn't get anything and with how uninterested Li Na's is, the fire in their eyes diminished and decided that they needed to leave to continue their work, leaving Li Na to continue eating her foods. She can see that they are unsatisfied but she ignored them.

Of course, Li Na can reveal the event to them and end up being closer to them but with how they acted, she doesn't have any interest in making friends with them. 

It's a blessing that being pregnant doesn't hinder herself from working but CEO Bai Li had personally given notice to Team Leader Yu Lin that she must not be burdened with overwhelm work. This indirectly telling them that she had a relationship with the higher-up's side.

Some presumption that there is a dirty transaction happening below the table or she is truly from a rich family. But no matter what is the truth, adding with Di Xu's termination, her figure was seen untouchable from others' view.

Li Na doesn't feel bad on CEO Bai Li's moves since it filled with his thought but now, there is no one dares to talk to her. Cang Fu used to sit right beside her cubicle but after her rejection and a few awkward gazes moment, he decided to change his seat. At first, the vacant space made her feel peace but after some time, the silence turned into isolation. 

--------------------------

You can read the full chapter at inkiit by clicking the link at About Me section on My Profile.

Love you \(^v^)/