016

London POV
"How am I supposed to believe you're gonna be here when the baby is born if I can't even trust you to be at ONE appointment?" I said to Antwan over the phone.

I swear these past 3 days he's just been distant. Ion know what that's about.

"I be busy."
"Doing what Antwan? What's more important than your child?"
"You don't gotta worry bout that."
"Antwan why can't you tell me wh-"
"I gotta go. Love you." Then he hung up.

This sh*t irks my nerves! He don't be telling me where he be going or why he always busy. It's like he don't even care about being a father no more & every time I try to bring up the baby he just brush's it off like it ain't nothing.

If he won't talk to me and tell me what's going on.. I'll talk to Amari.

I called her and asked her to come over so she did.

"Wassup London?"
"What's been going on with Antwan? He's been distant and barely even talking to me at this point."
She sighed "Promise me you won't tell him I told you London. He trusts me with this secret."

"I promise.. so what's going on?"

"Antwan gang bangs and allat other sh*t."

"You for real?"

"Girl yea. Antwan really bout it. That's actually one of the reasons why we moved down here to Georgia. Cuz he was selling on the block back in Jersey & my ma had found out and told my dad. So we moved down here."
"What made him wanna do this tho?"

"Antwan's Dad is a thug. Like a hardcore thug. One of the biggest Thugs down in Jersey to ever do it."

"Y'all don't got the same dad?"

"Nah. Twan stayed with his dad before moving in with mama. Long story short We got the same mama different daddies so we grew up knowing different things. Twan grew up around gang bangers and drug dealers. I didn't..so that's why we so different."

"D*mn Mari. Why he feel like he couldn't tell me nun of this?"
"He said he ain't want you to get involved. He wanted to keep you and the baby safe. If you do confront him  about it just don't mention my name. This the only thing he trust me with..I wanna keep it that way."
"Yea of course. Thank you for telling me mari. You a real one."

"Yea Girl Of course." She smiled and walked out ..

I would've never thought any dude I dated would be in a gang.. this sh*t ridiculous 🤣.