54 | Big News

[Y/N] was anxious for Kakashi's return. She knew it should be sometime that evening, but he would probably be exhausted, especially after that stunt with his sharingan. It always used so much of his chakra and left him feeling out of it. Usually she would scold him for using it to that extent, but now she was kind of relieved. He would be so tired; he probably wouldn't want to stay up and talk when he got back.

But she still needed to figure out what to do. Her heart and her mind were at war with one another. She can't be in love with two people at once, right? But that's how she felt. The last few years with Kakashi had been amazing and she was sure she loved him. But Genma... why did he have to go and kiss her? She hadn't felt anything like that toward him in so long but that kiss was like a ton of bricks hitting her in the stomach. Everything she had felt for him when they were together came rushing back to her.

That's what she told Kurenai and her brother as they sat in Kurenai's apartment (though she of course left out the bit about having rejoined ANBU). Asuma and Kurenai had just settled in to have lunch together when she knocked at the door. [Y/N], having about the same manners as her brother, barged in without warning (she was luckier than her brother, however, and didn't walk in on him having sex or laying around naked, as he had done to her twice now).

Asuma probably would've said something to her about it, except her eyes were red and she looked ready to cry. So he gave puppy dog eyes to Kurenai, who had already started setting another place at the table for [Y/N]. They sat down and listened to her pour her heart out to them and by the end of it, she had lost a few tears and sat with her head in her hands.

"I don't know. What should I do?"

Kurenai and Asuma exchanged glances wordlessly. They truly didn't have an answer either. Neither of them had ever loved anyone else. Even when Asuma had been gone from the village, neither of them really took an interest in anyone else. His return was all it took for them to set things into motion.

"Honestly, sis, you need to come clean about it to Kakashi and see what he says."

"What if he leaves? What if he gets so angry that he just leaves?"

"I don't think Kakashi would do something like that and honestly if he does, then you're better off. You deserve someone who is going to stick with you and work it out, no matter how tough things get."

"I just don't know. I know I'll have to tell him, but I am so worried. And what about Genma? What do I tell him?"

Kurenai reached out to rub [Y/N]'s back soothingly. "I know this is hard, but you have to sit down and pay attention to what your heart is telling you. You'll figure it out and everything will be okay."

[Y/N] nodded, wiping her eyes. She didn't feel any better about her situation, but at least they'd managed to calm her down and comfort her. "I completely just barged in and ruined your lunch. How are you two? I've not seen you in a bit actually."

"Well, actually, we do have some news. We were waiting to tell you later..." Kurenai started.

[Y/N] perked her head up and glanced between the two older ninja in front of her. Asuma grinned at Kurenai and reached over to take her hand. The way he looked at her made [Y/N] smile. Though Asuma always seemed to be worried about her, [Y/N] was equally worried about her brother. She loved him dearly and wanted nothing more than to see him happy as well.

"Okay, well, tell me!" She exclaimed, the excitement bubbling over.

"Okay, calm down. While you were out of the village, Kurenai and I decided to get married. So we did."

"Married?! You got married without me there?!"

"It was just a small thing with Tsunade. We didn't have a big grand ceremony, [Y/N]. You didn't miss anything."

"Oh my. My brother is married! I have a sister!" She jumped up and hugged Kurenai. She wrapped her arms around the crimson-eyed ninja, grinning. "This is so exciting!"

Kurenai smiled back and [Y/N] almost missed how her arm wrapped around her middle protectively. She pulled back immediately, eyes wide and jaw slack. She looked between the two again. "Kurenai... are you...?"

Kurenai blushed and nodded sheepishly.

[Y/N] stood there dumbfounded for just a moment before grinning and speaking again. "My dumbass brother is going to be a father... who'd have thought? Someone help us now..."

Asuma grunted in annoyance. "Yeah, yeah, dumbass brother, that's a good one. Say, don't you have somewhere to be now?"

A/N: Okay guys. I have a few different ways to take this story now and I need your opinions!

Should the reader end up with Kakashi? Genma? Or should I do a split ending so you can choose? Comment and let me know what you think!