Lost at a Concert

Credit (keepitchillbro)

Lucifer -

When your boyfriend asked you to accompany him to his latest show that night, you of course agreed. You were nothing but supportive of your boyfriend and his band's antics, although they were time-consuming and sometimes interfered with your relationship, you would stick with him through it all.

It just so happened, though, that you were a little bored, just waiting around as he and his mates were "banding," doing a sound check in preparation for their show.

You understood, really, that the sound had to be at peak quality for all the fans, because they certainly had paid enough to come see them, and you couldn't help but feel a little guilty, because you were so bored. There was nothing to do. Your boyfriend was only paying attention to his friends, who were messing up their songs on purpose and laughing and telling jokes. You sighed. Any other day you would have joined in on their jokes, but tonight was different. You were only so bored because had you knew your friend's birthday party was happening that night, not even far from your boyfriend's concert venue.

You could probably sneak away and return in time to watch the show...

Just a few minutes wouldn't hurt, right?

You tried to catch Luke's attention, however he seemed to be too focused on his guitar and his mates to see you standing there waving at him and calling his name.

Fine. Whatever. He probably wouldn't even notice you'd left.

So you disappeared with a nod from the security guard, walking down the pavement to the nightly scene.The smell of alcohol and cigarettes filled the air, seeing as how there were a few bars and clubs dotted along the street. You weaved through the people to find the club your friend's party was at, and to your dismay, a long queue ahead of it.

"(Y/N)!" Your friend called out, waving and jumping manically as you notice her. "Come on, (Y/N)! You're with me!" So you followed her inside, and headed straight for the bar for celebratory birthday shots, although you restricted yourself to a lower number than your friend, insisting that you couldn't stay for long; you were needed back at the venue.

You and you friends in your drunken state had discovered the dance floor, and decided that you just had to show off your killer moves.

You'd even been grinding on a few guys, although you weren't really conscious of it. You figured Luke would understand; it didn't mean anything, and he knew what tequila did to you. After a while, your conscious returned, although the faint buzz in your tummy stayed, and you left the floor and turned on your phone to check the time.

It was 22:54.

You'd completely lost track of time, and your boyfriend had left your fourteen text messages, eight missed calls and two voicemails, all with the same contents -

Where are you? Are you okay?

His show had started at 21:00. You were nearly two hours late, you'd probably missed the whole show by now.

In a rush you said goodbye to your friends, wishing her a happy birthday before making a dash for the concert venue. The band could be heard from outside of it, and you almost breathed a sigh of relief knowing that you hadn't missed the entire show.

By the time you'd weaved past security, insisting that you were Luke's girlfriend, and found your way through the multiple doors to the main stage, they were on the encore.

Luke kept stealing glances at you, a mix between anger and worry and relief.

As the final chord rang out and the boys rushed off stage, your boyfriend encased you in a hug.