Part 2- "You have no idea how amazing you look right now like this"

***SMUT WARNING***

Eight-years earlier

Freddie nervously paced the apartment. His hands shaking ever so slightly as he held a small velvet box, while mumbling to himself quietly.

"Will you marry me....Olivia, will you do me the honour of marrying me" he repeated over and over, trying to find the right words to use.

Hearing footsteps and laughter in the distance, he adjusted his shirt and hair. Standing in the middle of the room, he wondered whether he should get down on his knee or stand.

The key slipped into the lock and turned, rattling the handle. With her back towards him, she fell through the door in a fit of laughter.

On his knee. Box in hand open to present to her. The smile now gone. The anticipation and excitement over. Replaced by the sick devastation of what was in front of him.

Her arm still flung around his neck as he held her waist, she turned slightly and was met with the realisation that she had been caught. Turning fully, she let go and rushed towards him.

"Freddie it's not what it looks like" she began defensively.

Freddie frowned "really? Because it seems that you had your arms around another man, he's covered in your lipstick and you brought him home for a shag"

She opened her mouth to speak but was lost in her own panic. There was no explanation valid enough to justify what she was doing.

Her eyes fell to the box then filled with tears as the realisation of his unexpected presence became clear.

He shook his head in disappointment and walked past her, past him, and out her door.

Present Day

Sitting in the back of the car, Freddie rested his chin on his knuckles as he relived that day in his mind.

He was well and truly over her, but the betrayal was fresh. A wound that could never truely heal due to its magnitude. Five years he wasted on loving her fiercely. They grew up together, raising eachother, experiencing all of life's firsts. All for nothing but wasted time.

As the car stopped and his door opened, Freddie stepped out without turning back towards John,Brian and Roger. His eyes were fixed on the elevator and his thoughts remained on Daisy and what he would say to her.

No doubt she would be upset, he had hoped that giving her some space would help ease the situation.
Making sure his focus remained ahead, not making eye contact with anyone, he swiftly stepped inside as the elevator doors opened.

His nerves began to build as he watched each floor pass. As the doors opened expectedly, he took a deep breath and made his way to his room where he imagined his fuming wife would be waiting.

His keycard slipped inside easily and flashed green before pushing open. Quietly he looked around, expecting to see her sitting in the corner plotting his death.

The silence in the room was odd and he soon realised that he was in fact alone.

"Daisy?" He called out loudly.

Noticing her yellow checkered outfit from that night in the bathroom, gave him relief in knowing that she was made it back safely, but then, where was she now?

Hurling back towards the door he impatiently rushed back downstairs towards reception. Before even having a chance to be asked,he questioned the front desk clerk who stood behind the desk "my wife, have you seen her?"