Part 54- "You told Roger where you were right?"

Regretting his judgemental remarks, Brian stood by the door, wishing he had shown Daisy more empathy and compassion.

His own pain over seeing Freddie upset, had him turn into someone he wasn't, and as a result, hurting Daisy, who had already been through so much.

Walking back into the kitchen, Freddie sat at the kitchen table with Anita holding his hand in attempts to calm him down. His sadness was heartbreaking to watch.

Freddie never concealed his feelings, no matter how dramatic. When he loved he loved hard, when he was upset, he would plummet into darkness.

He rubbed his face with both hands, hoping that the motion would somehow bring about some kind of resolution which could help both Freddie and Daisy.

********

Olivia paced her bedroom while she clutched at the phone receiver.

"Have you lost your mind? You fell for her bull shit?!" She shrieked angrily.

Alex sighed "you don't know her like I do"

"How in Gods name have you become so rich when you are so dumb! Of course she's going to say she misses you! Of course she's going to want to see you! She's planning something Alex, and you've just invited her over?"

Alex rubbed the bridge of his nose. He wanted to believe that Daisy was sincere in her advances towards him, but ignoring Olivia was hard.

If infact Daisy was aware of what had happened, why would she willingly want to see him? He was torn between his own fantasy and the reality of what was going on.

Olivia's voice softened "look, I get it. I mean....I'm trying to get Freddie to love me, but Alex, Daisy doesn't feel the same way as you do"

Alex looked at the clock hanging on his wall, in two hours Daisy would be boarding his private jet and on her way to Moscow. In two hours, he would finally see the one person that he had been obsessing over.

His brows turned inward suddenly as the other reality kicked in, in two hours, he may be putting his own life in danger.

Olivia's voice had become white noise in the background of the phone call, as he tried to weigh up the risks of succumbing to his desires.

Could he risk it? Should he risk it? What if she was being genuine?

"Olivia I need to go" he announced suddenly and hung up without waiting for a response.

Gazing out the window, he debated the decision, before throwing his head backwards and releasing a loud, aggravated roar.

************

Daisy hung up the phone. She stared at her delicate fingers as they lay on the receiver.

"Fuck" she said aloud with James looking up.

"That doesn't sound good" he said slowly lowering his newspaper, while trying to decipher his daughters facial expression.

Daisy looked over at him, her eyes wild with anger "he cancelled the trip, he said he had too much work and wouldn't be able to take time off..."

"Do you think he knows?" James asked quickly "I mean if he's crazy enough to do all of that to you, surely work wouldn't take priority over seeing you"

Daisy thought about the question for a moment. Reciting everything she had said to Alex over their last few conversations, she wondered if she had let anything slip.

Her thoughts turned to Olivia, who's rape comment came back to her. Taking a seat opposite her father by the kitchen table, she began to piece together the sequence of events.