Part 57- "Does the truth hurt Freddie?"

Arriving home with an impossibly large smile on her face, Daisy's joy was short lived as she laid eyes on James, who was anything but happy.

"Where were you" he asked in a concerned fatherly tone.

Daisy rolled her eyes while hanging her coat on the hook beside her door "please tell me you're not trying to make up for lost time now and start asking about my whereabouts"

Ignoring her comment, James stood up and slid his hands into his trouser pockets "Alex called"

"Here?" Daisy asked painting to the apartment in surprise.

James nodded at the red flash on the answering machine. Daisy's eyes followed his to the flash.

"What did he say?" She asked slowly, not wanting to listen to it directly.

"He misses you and is coming to the UK to see you" James' casually responded waiting for Daisy's reaction.

After a moment of silence, James spoke up again "I've got a plan, and I've discussed it with your uncle. You need an open mind"

Daisy swallowed hard and gave a nervous nod "what's the plan"

*************

Freddie reluctantly went back to Olivia's after contemplating how to handle her and discuss his feelings.

He knew that Olivia would fight him on everything he would say, and most likely use threats, but anything was worth finally ridding himself of her.

Finally he could see a glimmer of light at the end of the tunnel and it only included Daisy, he needed to get rid of Olivia and do things right.

Taking a deep breath, he walked into the house which was uncharacteristically dark. Flicking on the switch to the light, he squinted as the brightness entered his eyes.

"Olivia!" He called out loudly.

"Kitchen" came a croaky and low voice.

Freddie made his way towards the voice slowly. Despite his dislike for conflict, he knew that it was time to set things straight with Olivia.

"Why are you sitting in the dark?" He asked as he spotted her at the kitchen table eating from a bowl.

She didn't answer. Lifting and dropping the content of her bowl with her spoon, she kept her eyes down, making no acknowledgement of Freddie's presence.

"We need to have a chat" he began, not quite sure how to start the conversation.

"I figured that much" came her reply in a hateful tone.

Looking at the chair in front of him, he wondered whether he should sit or stand. Standing would show dominance, sitting would show equality. He was there to end things, he chose to stand.

"Did you come to tell me that you're leaving me and your child for that whore?" Olivia's asked bitterly.

Clearing his throat, he wanted to retaliate for insulting Daisy, but decided to keep calm.

"I think we both know this isn't working"

Olivia let out a sarcastic huff "it's hard to make something work when you're fucking someone else every other day"