Part 34-"What exactly are you playing at right now"

Diana stood in front of Freddie with a frown on her face. He awkwardly waited for Daisy to come back with something for him to wear before she took his wet clothes and put them in the dryer.

Glancing up at her occasionally like a scolded child, he finally mustered up the courage to ask her how she is.

"I'm fine Fred" she replied harshly.

Fred he thought, no one called him Fred unless they were unhappy with him.

"What exactly are you playing at right now" Diana questioned, crossing her arms protectively across her body.

"Di I'm honestly not playing at anything I needed to know something" his voice trailed off.

Diana sat opposite him in a burnt rose armchair, her body language remained stiff. Torn between her own emotions, Diana knew that Daisy and Freddie were meant to be, but her ego wouldn't allow her to forgive him for what he had done.

"And what did you need to know? Whether she still kept a candle burning for you? Whether you could still come back after what you'd done and screw her around" her cynicism was strong and intimidating.

"Not at all, not...I needed to confirm if...nevermind, you wouldn't understand"

Diana's eyes widened in anger "no? Well let me tell you something Freddie Mercury! I understand more than you think!so spill it! What are your motives?"

Freddie had always had a great relationship with Diana, the idea that she could possibly be this angry at him, no matter how justifiable, was upsetting to him.

"I had a feeling and...." he paused as he locked eyes with Diana. For a moment they both through the same name.

"Did she tell you"

"No. But I worked it out"

Diana looked in the direction of Daisy's room then leaned towards Freddie "we need to do something Freddie. She's lost, scared, and giving me the impression that she's going to let this slide because he's rich"

"Di, he raped her didn't he"

"Yes he did" Diana's response was blunt and emotionless.

Freddie rubbed his neck. He could feel the blood rising in his body, swirling through his veins in an aggressive stream. He stood up. The water droplets fell from his clothes onto the rug which soaked them up instantaneously.

Hearing Diana confirm what he had known, but had hoped wasn't true, birthed an anger inside him that was stronger than he had ever felt.

Not knowing how to handle it, he simply stood and stared ahead with his eyes bulging.

"Are you alright?" Diana's face eased as Freddie's became more tense.

"So all I have for you is a robe, it's nothing fancy but it'll do till I get your clothes in the dryer" Daisy stopped short as she noticed the tension in the air, walking into the room. Freddie wouldn't look at her.

"I'm going to leave you both to...talk" Diana awkwardly looked at Daisy who quickly realised that the conversation had turned dark.

She nodded to Diana who left quickly, closing the door almost silently.

Daisy closed her eyes for a moment trying to mentally prepare herself for whatever was about to come up between herself and Freddie.

Slowly he began to take his wet clothes off. Staring at his naked chest, she wanted to push him on to the couch and devour him.

Even in times of emotional crisis, having Freddie Mercury in front of her half naked, was enough to distract her from anything else consuming her thoughts.