Island of Night

3 days later

Toothless's POV

I had no idea how Sky knew where she was going but I didn't really care. This was the third day that we had been flying.

At last, I heard Sky say, "There it is. My home. The Island of Night."

It was a slightly sad island. There were many burnt down trees with plants regrowing around them. There were tall cliffs with many caves.

"I know what you are all thinking, 'what happened here'. Well, it all happened 11 years ago. It was when the Fury Killer came. He killed so many dragons and burnt down our island. A few dragons were away when it happened. Mostly, me and my friends. We had wanted to go sleep on a nearby sea stack. Eclipse, my best friend wasn't allowed to come. Her parents were so protective that they didn't allow it. My friends and I saw everything that happened, we were lucky enough to escape with a few others. Eclipse and her family weren't so lucky. When we searched the island her parents and older siblings were dead. We saw her younger brother, Dusk, get washed up on the beach a day later. An arrow in his chest."

"I'm so sorry. Did you ever find Eclipse?" I asked. This was the saddest thing I have ever seen and even sadder when I heard her story. It must have been awful to watch. To see all of your friends and family killed and the only home you have ever known, be burned to the ground until there was nothing left but rock, dirt and ashes.

"No, we didn't. But, we still hold out hope that she made it to the king." Seeing the look on our faces, she said, "Not, you. The Bewilderbeast. King of the nest. No one knows where it is. But, we've all heard of it and we all knew that if the Fury Killer ever came that was the first place we should fly to."

"SKY!!! You're all right!"

Four Night Furies, two Nadders, and three Skrills flew up to greet us. We landed on one of the huge cliffs and they all bowed to me.

"It is an honour to have you on our island, Alpha." Said the navy blue female Skrill.

"You may rise," I said, probably sounding all alpha-like, which I must say I wasn't sure was a good or a bad thing.

"Are you all that survived the Dragon Conqueror's attack?" Sky asked sadly.

The male electric green Skrill spoke this time, "No, you were the only one taken or killed in the attack. But, a week after you were taken dragon hunters hit. They took everyone except for those you see here, Darkstar, Leafshifter, Plum, and Sunshine."

"No!" Sky sounded devastated, but I didn't blame her, she came back and found that she had lost most of her friends."That settles it, we're leaving!"

"What!?" All of the new dragons spoke at once.

"You heard me, we are going to the Hidden World. Away from this mess. Life here is too risky. I was taken. Everyone else died eleven years ago or was taken by dragon hunters three months ago. And as for the rest of us, just look around. I mean sure this was our home, still is, but think of how the Fury killer already knows where we are. The dragon hunters know where we are. The Dragon Conqueror who may or may not be dead knows where we are. We can't live here with these risks. We are TOO smart for that. Now, who's coming."

"Isn't it obvious? You are our leader. We'll follow you anywhere." Said the blue and purple female Nadder.

"Good, because then we can introduce each other and we'll leave tomorrow."

The navy blue male Skrill led us down to a cave on the side of a cliff. He stopped in front of the entrance and called out to the dragons inside.

When four dragons stepped out of the cave Sky said, "It's true..."

The purple and yellow Deadly Nadder spoke, "Who are they?"

"Oh, this is Toothless, Hiccup, Streak, and Dawn." Sky said pointing to each of us as she said our names, "This is Plum, Striker, Waterflower, Leafshifter, Sunshine, Bolt, Lightning, Storm, Galaxy, Starfall, Shadowmoon, and Darkstar. By the way, we are leaving tomorrow. It is no longer safe here."

"She's right." Said Waterflower. "We've lost nearly everyone we know. There are only 12 of us left when eleven years ago there was well over 1 000. The Night Furies are almost extinct, too. There are six left from this island's previous population of about 400."

"I agree. If there was one home where we will never be hunted it is the Hidden World. There are too many dragons in the Hidden World to kill at once, maybe even ever." Said Leafshifter.

"Then we leave tonight." Said Bolt. "At night is for the best, because then the 10 Night Furies can maybe keep us more or less hidden. And the sooner we leave the better. Even if it's our home. The dragon hunters or the Fury Killer will be back sooner or later. I would rather it not be here." Sunshine replied.

"Tonight then. Rest up, we have a long flight ahead of us."

That night the 13 dragons left the island and said goodbye to their first home until it would be safe enough for them to return.

3 days later

We were approaching the Hidden World and we were all greeted by a small entourage of dragons who were all glad to see us alive, well, and home safe.

"Where are we all going to stay?" Sky realized for the first time.

"There are plenty of caves on our stack if they would like to live there. Or they could explore the Hidden World and find somewhere else to live."

"I think they will like to live together. If that's okay. We all are really close especially after all that we've been through."

"Together it is."

There were plenty of caves for all of the new dragons and they all settled nicely into their new home.

A/N

Plum, female yellow and purple Nadder. Striker, male green and blue Nadder. Waterflower, female blue and purple Nadder.

Leafshifter, male green Changewing. Sunshine, female red and orange Changewing.

Bolt, male electric green Skrill. Lightning, male navy blue Skrill. Storm, female navy blue Skrill.

Galaxy, female Night Fury with swirling grey spots on the underside of her wings. Starfall, female Night Fury with grey spots on her wings (more near the edge of the membrane). Shadowmoon, male Night Fury, the underside of his wings is grey while the top of his wing is black. Shade, male Night Fury with grey spots going down his spine. Darkstar, male Night Fury and is grey with black spots.