Tag

Delta's POV

I can't believe Hiccup told Rowan. I mean it's great and all that Rowan accepted us but STILL.

"Delta would you please calm down. It was an accident."

I stopped mid flight and Hiccup nearly crashed into me. "How could this be an accident?"

"Because Astrid left me with Rowan and I told her to call me Blackmoon." She snorted at that. "What? It was the first name to pop into my head! ANYWAY. She said my name was Hiccup and then I accidentally told Rowan that I knew it'd be easier for him to understand dragons near me. AND THEN I showed him who I was. AND THEN..."

"Stop saying and then. It's making me laugh."

"Glad to hear it. AND THEN..."

"I told you not to say that!" I said while trying my hardest not to laugh but failing horribly.

"AND THEN..." Hiccup said with a smile. I didn't interrupt this time but kept laughing. "I accidentally said that he could only talk about it with Astrid, Fishlegs, and you. AND THEN..." He said, still being extremely dramatic. "He asked how you knew about it. And I didn't want to lie to him and I'm extremely sorry and he didn't seem to mind that I was half-dragon and did I mention that I'm sorry?"

I sighed. Hiccup can be such a muttonhead sometimes, "Of course, I forgive you." His face lit up. "But..."

"I'll do any punishment you ask." He quickly said and I rolled my eyes.

"I was just going to say that you should've asked me first and don't do it again." He smiled.

"So we're still siblings?" Again such a muttonhead.

"Of course, muttonhead. We never stopped. I just got mad."

"What's a muttonhead? I think Astrid called me it once but I didn't understand what it meant."

"Ugh... I keep forgetting that you didn't grow up on Berk."

"You still haven't answered my question."

I opened my mouth to answer when I heard, "Hiccup, Delta, what in the name of Thor happened that you both had to jump off a cliff and fly away?" I looked behind me and saw that Astrid, Stormfly, Forestflame and Rowan were right there.

"Ummmm..." Hiccup said.

"Well, Hiccup told Rowan that I could turn into a Night Fury and I got mad."

Everyone was silent for a minute until Hiccup spoke up, "Okay. Now that that is sorted out I still want to know what a muttonhead is. Is it one word? Or is it like the word mutton then head? And if that's the case then what is mutton? Your terms confuse me so much." We all stared at Hiccup. "What? I just want to know because everyone keeps calling me it." We shook our heads at him.

"That's actually a good question. What is a muttonhead?" Stormfly asked.

Astrid spoke up, "Wait. Let me get this straight. None of the dragons know what a muttonhead is?" Forestflame, Stormfly, and Hiccup shook their heads. "And Hiccup you don't know what a muttonhead is either?" He shook his head.

"Well, I guess in simpler terms it means idiot," Rowan said outright.

The dragons and Hiccup gaped at us.

We were all silent until Hiccup said, "Well, I guess I deserve that."

"Yes, yes you do, muttonhead," I said.

"...but you don't need to keep calling me it." He continued.

"I don't but I will," I said. I felt Hiccup roll his eyes at me.

We were flying back to Berk when out of nowhere Hiccup asked, "Hey, instead of going back how about we play tag."

Astrid and Rowan looked at him like he was crazy.

But Stormfly, Forestflame and I said, "Definitely."

"Okay, ten, nine, eight, seven, six, five..."

Astrid and I were hiding behind a sea stack, "Delta, what is going on?"

"This is our favourite game," I told her in a whisper.

"You still play games?" She asked.

Stormfly and I looked at her with shock written on our faces. "Of course!!" We said at the same time, louder than we had expected.

"Shoot, fly," I said. As soon as we took off I saw Hiccup come around the edge of the sea stack. He gave chase immediately.

I flew into the clouds, thinking that I had lost him, and took on a leisurely pace. Then I felt a tail smack the underside of my belly and Hiccup shouted at me, "You're it."

I shouted, "Curse you, Hiccup!"

By the time I had dove down he was gone.

After looking for what seemed like forever, I finally found Rowan and Forestflame. I tagged them before they even knew that I was coming and shouted in outrage.

Eventually, Astrid came up and tagged me. When I realized that we had all somehow managed to lose Hiccup.

We paused and I asked, "Has anyone seen Hiccup since he tagged me?"

"When was that?" Stormfly asked.

"Right at the beginning, before I tagged Rowan and after I had split off from you," I responded.

"And this is why I don't play silly games," Astrid huffed.

"Sure, as if the dragons and I were the only ones having fun," Rowan said sarcastically.

They started bickering about how everyone had fun. I rolled my eyes at them. The dragons did the same. I gave Forestflame and Stormfly a look that said 'should we yell at them'.

They looked at me as if to say 'Are you really asking us that?'

I nodded and we all roared at the top of our lungs. That shut Rowan and Astrid up quickly.

"Well, now that you've finally stopped fighting, I would like to go look for Hiccup before he gets himself into even more trouble than he is probably already in."

Rowan and Astrid apologized. I probably wouldn't have heard it if I hadn't been a Night Fury, though.

"Thank you. Now let's go."

After an hour of searching, we came across a boat. It was too big to be a fishing boat. I was wondering who's boat this was when I saw the flag.

"Stop," I said as loud as I dared.

I saw Stormfly's gaze drift to the boat and she missed a wing beat, so did Forestflame.

"What's going on?" I heard Astrid ask.

"Dragon hunters," I whispered back.

Then out of nowhere, I heard an agonized roar. My first instinct was to flatten my ears against my head, but... No. No no no no no no no no no...

I must have been saying it out loud because Rowan asked, "Delta, what is it."

"Well, I have good news and I have bad news."

"What's the good news?" Astrid asked.

"We found Hiccup," I said.

"And the bad news?" Astrid asked tentatively.

I gulped before answering, "He's on that ship."