Vol. 1 Ch. 2 Welcome To Beacon!

Your POV

Time Skip

I got on the Bullhead that Professor Ozpin told me to. I found a seat and sat down. Then I slipped on my headphones and listened to some music as I waited for the bullhead to land.

Time Skip

After the Bullhead landed, some guy rushed off and immediately started to puke into a nearby trash can. I went up to him and said, "Motion sickness must suck." He nodded and said, "It does. My name is Jaune Arc. What's yours?" I smiled and said, "I'm Y/N L/N. Nice to meet you." Just then, I heard what sounded like an explosion. Curious, I went towards the source.
I saw a girl in a white outfit that appeared to be now covered in soot, though it quickly disappeared. She was looking at Ruby angrily as she yelled, "Unbelievable! This is exactly the kind of thing I was talking about!" Ruby got embarrassed and apologized, saying, "I'm really, really sorry!"
The girl in white looked at Ruby with a look of disgust and said, "Ugh, you complete dolt! What are you even doing here? Aren't you a little young to be attending Beacon?" Ruby replied, "Well, I-..." The girl in white interrupted, "This isn't your ordinary combat school. It's not just sparring and practice, you know! We're here to fight monsters, so... watch where you're going!" Ruby gets finally fed up and said, "Hey I said I was sorry, princess!"
Then I heard a girl's voice say, "It's heiress, actually." Ruby and the girl in white look over as a girl in a black outfit approaches with the bottle in her hand. Then the girl said, "Weiss Schnee, heiress to the Schnee Dust Company, one of the largest producers of energy propellant in the world." Weiss smiles smugly and said, "Finally! Some recognition!"
The girl continued and said, "The same company infamous for its controversial labor forces and questionable business partners." Weiss gets angry again as Ruby chuckles. Then Weiss says, "Wha-How dare─ The nerve of... Ugh!" She gets up in the girl's face and takes the bottle from her, walking off in a huff as her helpers gather the luggage and follow her.
Ruby turns to Weiss, who was storming off, and said, "I promise I'll make this up to you!" She sighed and said, "I guess I'm not the only one having a rough first day... So, what's..." She sees the girl in black walking off as well. Ruby then collapses to the ground onto her back and says, "Welcome to Beacon."
I went over to her, held out my hand, and said, "Hey...Ruby." Ruby takes your hand and stood up looking at me. "Thanks. It's Y/N, right?" I nodded. Ruby then turned to Jaune and said, "Aren't you the guy that threw up on the ship?"

Time Skip

Beacon inside the walls are filled with scenic trees, arching architecture, and a winding road alongside a river, down which Ruby, Jaune, and I were walking. Jaune defended himself by saying, "All I'm saying is that motion sickness is a much more common problem than people let on!" Ruby was laughing as she said, "Look, I'm sorry! Vomit Boy was the first thing that came to mind."
Jaune responded, "Oh, yeah? What if I called you Crater Face?" I laughed as Ruby replied defensively, "Hey, that explosion was an accident!" Then Jaune turned to me and said, "And what if I called you Wolfie?" I let out a small growl, but Ruby held me back and said, "Whoa! I think that was a little bit too far." Jaune apologized and Ruby looked at me and said, "Y/N, calm down." Somehow Ruby saying that to me managed to calm me down immediately. Nobody's ever been able to calm me down that fast before, I thought. It's probably just a one time thing.
Then Jaune introduced himself again, saying, "Well, the name's Jaune Arc! Short, sweet, rolls off the tongue, ladies love it!" Ruby and I were both skeptic as we both said in unison, "Do they?" Jaune tried to defend himself by saying, "They will! Well, I hope they will. My mom always says that... Never mind."
Ruby giggles before a short, awkward silence falls. Then she said, "So... I got this thing!" She pulls out her weapon and stabs it into the ground. Jaune looked at it in shock and said, "Whoa! Is that a scythe?"
Ruby got even more excited and said, "It's also a customizable high-impact sniper rifle!" Jaune looked confused and said, "A-wha...?" As Ruby cocks it, smiling, I said to him, "It's also a gun, Jaune." Jaune responded, "Oh. That's cool!" Ruby looked at us and asked, "So what've you both got?"
I smirked as I took Blitz Master from my holster on my back, and explained its capabilities and convert it to each of its modes. I put Blitz Master back in my holster as Ruby asks Jaune what his weapon is.
Jaune replied as he unsheathes a blade, "Oh!I uh...I got this sword!" Ruby looked at it in awe, "Ooooohh!" Jaune continued, "Yeah, and I've got a shield, too!" He gets his scabbard, raises his arm and expands the metal into his defense. Ruby touches the shield and said, "So, what do they do?" Jaune starts fumbling with the shield as it retracts off his arm, expands, and retracts again before putting it back in place and finally shrinking it down for good, placing it on his belt, then he continued, "The shield gets smaller, so when I get tired of carrying it, can just...put it away." Ruby asked, "But wouldn't it weigh the same?" Jaune answered dejectedly, "Yeah, it does..."
Ruby started giggling and said, "Well, I'm kind of a dork when it comes to weapons, soo.. I guess I did go a little overboard when designing it." I nodded and said, "Me too." Jaune stood there in shock and said, "Wait - you guys made those?!" Ruby answered, "Of course! All students at Signal forge their own weapons! Didn't you make yours?"
Jaune responded, "It's a hand-me-down, My great-great-grandfather used it to fight in the war." Ruby replied, "Sounds more like a family heirloom to me!" She laughed and said, "Well, I like it! Not many people have an appreciation for the classics these days." Jaune sheathed his sword and said, "Yeah, the classics."
Ruby started moving on again. She looked at me and said, "So why'd you help me out back there? In the courtyard?" I smiled and said, "Because you were someone else I knew already and I thought, Hey, why not?" Then Jaune added, "My mom always says, Strangers are just friends you haven't met yet." Ruby looked around and said, "Hmm... Hey, where are we going?" Jaune replied, "Oh, I don't know! I was following you two. Y-You think there might be a directory? Maybe a food court? Some kind of recognizable landmark? Is, uh.. Is that a 'no'?" Ruby started laughing again and said, "That's a no."

Hope you all enjoyed this chapter.
Master out.