Vol. 2 Ch. 28 Going Off The Rails On A Crazy Train!

A/N: Sorry for the chapter title. I couldn't help myself.

Yang's POV

Time Skip

I turned around and said, "Hey Weiss, it's your... Ruby? Y/N? Hey, where's Ruby and Y/N?" Oobleck said, "What?" Zwei comes running into the room, barking. Then I said, "Zwei?" Blake spoke up, "What's going on?" Then Oobleck said, "Grab your weapons! Your leader and friend may be in trouble." Zwei lead us to a hole in the street. Then I spotted Crescent Rose and Blitz Master lying on the ground by the hole. I ran over to them and picked them up, saying, "Ruby's Scythe and Y/N's Sword!"
Blake said, "Oh no." Weiss asked, "Do you think they fell?" Oobleck looked up and said, "Fell?" Weiss continued, "Down there." Oobleck looks down at the hole and said, "Oh my. Of course! Of course, OF COURSE, OF COURSE!" Blake asked, "What is it?" Then Oobleck said, "How could I be so stupid?!" I asked him, "Dr. Oobleck, what's wrong?"
Oobleck said, "Mountain Glenn! Yes, an expansion of Vale that was inevitably destroyed by creatures of Grimm! Previously home to thousands of people! Working people commuting to the city, the main city! Developed a subway system to the inner city! Grimm attacks increased! Population in danger, now desperately searching for shelter! City evacuates into the metro tunnels and what do they find? The southeast quadrant of Vale is known for wild forests and deep caves!" I asked, "Doc, what are you saying?" Oobleck replied, "My dear, we're not just looking for an underground crime network, we're looking for an UNDERGROUND crime network!"
Blake asked, "They've been working in caves?" Oobleck answered, "No, no, Mountain Glenn was Vale's first serious attempt at expansion. It worked for a short period of time, thanks to an aggressive perimeter defense, and unique transportation; the city developed an elaborate subway system to carry citizens safely from the new territory into the main Kingdom! Sadly, without the many natural barriers Vale had to protect its borders, Mountain Glenn was doomed from the start! As the end drew near, the citizens of the territory made one last attempt at survival: They took up shelter beneath the city! In massive caves that they had cleared out for the subway. And they had cut themselves off from the surface!"
I said, "An underground village?" Oobleck replied, "In a matter of speaking, yes. A safe haven. Until...an explosion opened the mouth of another cavern, filled with subterranean Grimm. After that, the Kingdom officially sealed off the tunnels, creating the world's largest tomb. If Ruby and Y/N are down there, we must find them."

Ruby's POV

Roman Torchwick laughed and said, "Well, Red, try anything, and your boyfriend, Blue, gets it." He was aiming his cane at Y/N, who was still unconscious and being held by a White Fang Soldier. I then noticed that Y/N's left hand was missing. It must've fallen off during the fall, I thought.
A massive explosion sounds, causing Roman to look up and say, "Oh, what the...Perry, if you and the boys could take care of that? Kinda in the middle of something. Leave the boy here." Perry nodded and goes off to investigate the explosion just as another one sounds. Then Roman said, annoyed, "What is going on here?!"
A third explosion sounds and multiple White Fang members come running around the corner, some firing at an unknown enemy. Weiss, Blake, Yang, Zwei, and Oobleck run around the corner, much to Roman's annoyance. I decide to take this moment to try and escape. I jumped on Roman's shoulders, pull his hat down over his eyes, and then flee towards my friends.
Roman readjusted his hat and glared after me, saying, "Somebody kill her!" Roman and the White Fang members around him open fire on me, which I dodge and weave between. Then Roman turned angrily to the White Fang member next to him and said, "Attach this cart and spread the word: We're starting the train." The White Fang Member said, "But we're not finished!" Roman pins the White Fang member up against the wall with cane and said, "Do it or you're finished!"
I screeched to a halt as I realized that I was running towards a group of White Fang members. A huge explosion appears behind the White Fang members, sending them flying and revealing Yang behind them. I jumped into her arms as she said, "Ruby!" Then Weiss asked, "Are you okay? Where's Y/N?"
Ruby answered, "I'm fine, I'm fine! Y/N's got knocked out during the fall down here, and he's still unconscious and Torchwick still has him hostage. But listen! Torchwick's got all kinds of weapons and robots down there." Blake replied, "What?!" She hands me both Crescent Rose and Blitz Master. I put Blitz Master on my back as I said, "Androids, mechs, they're all loaded up on the train cars!" Then Oobleck said, "Ahhhh, that's ridiculous. These tunnels are sealed, the tracks lead to a dead-end." We then heard Torchwick say over speaker system, "Get to your places, we are leaving now!" Then the train starts moving towards the tunnels.
Yang spoke up and said, "Well, it sounds like they're going somewhere." Then I said, "We need backup. Let me call Jaune." I pulled out my Scroll, which said, "Low Signal." Then I said, "I can't get through!" Weiss asked, "So, what do we do?" Oobleck replied, "I believe we only have one option..."
I turned around and said, "We're stopping that train and saving my boyfriend!"

Time Skip

Oobleck dodges a couple swipes from the Paladin, and then runs to the top of its head, and shoots it in its engine before jumping back down. I twirled Crescent Rose around a few times, and then Oobleck and I fire simultaneously at the Paladin's feet, knocking it off the train. The both of us switch positions. Oobleck said, "Ruby! You go on ahead!" I started to protest, "But─" Oobleck cut me off, saying, "Don't worry, Ruby. It's time... I teach them a lesson..."
The Doctor goes to take on two oncoming Paladins. Before I leave, I noticed the saddened Zwei looking up at me. I then noticed that Zwei was holding Y/N's robotic hand in his mouth. I took it from Zwei and said, "Good boy, Zwei." I put my boyfriend's robotic hand in my pocket. Then I smiled and motioned for him to go join his new friend, saying, "Go."
With that, Zwei expression changes dramatically and barks happily before running off to fight alongside the Doctor. I hurried to the front of the train. The remaining members of Team RWBY reemerged from the train cars to rejoin their leader. I saw Blake carrying Y/N in her arms. I looked on worriedly as I realized that the train is on a collision course with a thick concrete wall. Then Blake said, "What do we do?" Weiss and I smiled at each other, and Weiss formed an ice shield to protect us, as we braced ourselves for the impending crash.

I hope you all enjoyed this chapter.
Master out.