Vol. 2 Ch. 30 The Power Of Love

Your POV

Time Skip

I was back in the dorm room by myself, since Weiss, Blake, and Yang were exploring Vale since it was break. Ruby was in Patch visiting her dad, I think. I sighed at how lonely I was, while sitting on my sleeping bag. Ever since I came back to the dorm, I feel like I'm supposed to be someone else. Ruby keeps avoiding me and whenever I see her, she's crying. And whenever I see her crying, I feel like a part of me wants to make her stop, but I don't know how.
Yang came back to the dorm and saw how upset I was. Then she said, "Hey, Y/N. Still trying to remember something about Ruby?" I nodded and said, "Yeah, but I'm not having any luck." Yang smirked and said, "Mind if I try something?" I shrugged and said, "Why not?" Then Yang knelt down, put her hands on the sides of my face, and smashed her lips onto mine. My eyes went wide, as a memory flashed in my head.

Flashback

I looked at Ruby and asked, "Why? Why don't you see me any different?"  She blushed and said, "Because....because....I..." I looked at her and said, "Because you what?" She didn't answer in the way that I was expecting. Instead of saying something, she grabbed my cheeks with her hands and kissed me on the lips. I sat there in shock for a moment. Then Ruby pulled away and blushed, before saying, "I'm sorry, Y/N. I just wanted to do that to show you how I feel about you. I shouldn't have done tha─" I cut her off by smashing my lips onto hers and kissing her. After a second, she started to kiss back.

End of Flashback

I opened my eyes and immediately pulled away from Yang. Then I said, "Yang! How could you do that?! Thankfully, Ruby's not here! She'll kill you if she saw that!" Yang smirked and said, "And why is that?" I blushed and said, "Because only she's allowed to kiss me! Oh my God! Yang! I remember me and Ruby's first kiss!" I hugged Yang and said, "Thank you so much, Yang! I don't remember everything about her, but I remember how much I love her!" I pulled out of the hug. Then Yang grabbed  me by the collar and said, "By the way, neither of us will ever speak of this to Ruby, ever." I nodded nervously and said, "You got it!"

Ruby's POV

I was standing by my mom's grave and said, "Hey, mom. Sorry I haven't come by in a while. Things have been... well, things have been, pretty busy. Oh, Dad's here, too! He's, uh, you know... Dad. He's still teaching at Signal. But he told me that he's going to be on some mission soon. I think he misses adventuring with you. I miss you too. Haven't gotten kicked out of Beacon yet! So that's cool. I think being on a team with Yang helps keep her in line... That was a joke. She's actually a really great fighter! You can tell she's learned a lot from Dad! Oh, so are Weiss, Blake, and Y/N. Oh! They're my teammates! Together, we form team RWBY! And yes, before you ask, that does cause a lot of confusion. Anyways, I made a bunch of new friends, and then I met some... let's just say, uh, odd teachers. Oh! We've also stopped some bad guys, too! I guess it's like they say: "like mother, like daughter"! I still wonder why Ozpin let me into the school early. But uh, I guess he'll tell me one day. You know how he is. It's funny, the more I get to know him, the more he's starting to sound like Uncle Qrow. I also have a boyfriend, Y/N! I'm not sure if our relationship is going to last any longer, especially since he doesn't remember me anymore." Then I heard a bark behind me and said, "Dad's here. He's dropping me off at Beacon for the tournament match before he goes on his next mission. Wish me luck! It was good to talk."
I jogged back over to dad and Zwei. My dad smirked and said, "So when were you going to tell me about Y/N? Especially about the part of him not remembering you?" I looked down and said, "I was originally going to bring him with me, but he's not the same anymore. During our team's last mission, he saved me and Zwei from falling. We managed to get Zwei to get the others. But the piece of ground he was holding onto broke and we both fell. On the way down, Y/N hit his head, knocking him unconscious. And his hand fell off. When he woke up, he had slight amnesia and didn't remember anything about me, not even about how we were dating." I felt a tear go down my face, my dad knelt down and said, "Oh, I'm sorry. Mind if I ask what you meant by his hand fell off?" I nodded and pulled out Y/N's robotic hand. My dad nodded and said, "Maybe you shouldn't avoid Y/N. Maybe you should help him try to remember you. If that doesn't work, at least try to make new memories about you two. After all, the strongest thing that you can use is the power of love." I smiled and said, "Thanks, Dad." He smiled and we walked off.

I hope you all enjoyed this chapter.
Master out.