Vol. 1 Ch. 3 Her Sister

Your POV

Time Skip

Ruby, Jaune, and I entered into the Beacon Academy's giant auditorium, which was filled to the brim with people. Ruby looks over when she hears someone's voice.
I saw a girl with yellow hair waving to Ruby as she said, "Ruby! Over here! I saved you a spot!" Ruby turns to Jaune and said, "Oh! Hey, I-I gotta go! I'll see you after the ceremony! Come on Y/N!" Ruby leaves with me following her. Jaune called out, "Hey, wait!" Once Ruby and I got to the girl with yellow hair, she turned to Ruby and said, "How's your first day going, little sister?" Then she then whispers to Ruby, but I could still hear her because of my wolf ears, "Who's the cute wolf boy?"
Ruby yelled out from embarrassment, "YANG!!!" Ruby then paused before saying, "You mean since you ditched me and I exploded?" Yang responded, "Yikes! Meltdown already?" I replied, "No, she literally exploded a hole in front of the school! And there was some fire, and I think some ice...?" Yang smiles broadly and said, "Are you two being sarcastic?" Ruby scoffed and said, "I wish! I tripped over some crabby girl's luggage, and then she yelled at me, and then I sneezed, and then I exploded, and then she yelled at me again, and I felt really, really bad, and I just wanted her to stop yelling at me!"
Weiss yelled, "You!" Ruby quickly jumps into my arms, saying, "Oh, God, it's happening again!" Weiss yelled, "You're lucky we weren't blown off the side of the cliff!" Yang replied, "Oh my God, you really exploded." Ruby said, "It was an accident." She then gets down blushing as I was also blushing at what Ruby just did. Ruby turns to Weiss and said, "It was an accident!"
Weiss then holds up a pamphlet titled "DUST for dummies and other Inadequate Individuals" to Ruby, who asks, "What's this?"
Weiss starts listing off policies to a clueless and horrified Ruby, going faster and higher pitched with each word, "The Schnee Dust Company is not responsible for any injuries or damages sustained while operating a Schnee Dust Company product, Although not mandatory, the Schnee Family highly encourages their customers to read and familiarize themselves with this easy to follow guide to Dust applications and practices in the field."
Weiss then said, "You really wanna start making things up to me?" Ruby answered, "Absolutely?" Weiss hands the pamphlet to Ruby and said, "Read this, and don't ever speak to me again."
Yang steps in and said, "Look, uh, it sounds like you two just got off on the wrong foot. Why don't you start over and try to be friends, okay?" Ruby puts the pamphlet away and says, "Yeah! Great idea, sis!" Ruby holds out her hand as she clears her throat before saying, "Hello, Weiss! I'm Ruby! Wanna hang out? We can go shopping for school supplies!"
Weiss gets seemingly enthusiastic as she says, "Yeah! And we can paint our nails and try on clothes and talk about cute boys, like tall, blond, and scraggly." Ruby got excited and said, "Wow, really?!" Weiss leaves dead silence under her glare, then she said, "No."
The girls' attention is drawn to the stage, where Professor Ozpin is readying the microphone with Goodwitch beside him. Then he says, "I'll keep this brief. You have traveled here today in search of knowledge, to hone your craft and acquire new skills, and when you have finished, you plan to dedicate your life to the protection of the people. But I look amongst you, and all I see is wasted energy, in need of purpose, direction."
I hear some of the students whisper among themselves, but Ozpin continues, "You assume knowledge will free you of this, but your time at this school will prove that knowledge can only carry you so far. It is up to you to take the first step."
As Ozpin leaves, Goodwitch steps up to talk and says, "You will gather in the ballroom tonight; tomorrow, your initiation begins. Be ready. You are dismissed." Yang then said, "He seemed kind of... off." I nodded and said, "Yeah, you're right."

Time Skip

Ruby's POV

"It's like a big slumber party!" Yang says as she plops down onto her sleeping bag. I responded, "I don't think dad would approve of all the boys, though." Yang replied as she winked at me, "I know that I do. I bet you secretly approve of the boys being here too, well at least for one certain wolf Faunus."
I started to blush lightly as a certain brown haired wolf Faunus boy went through my head. I shook my head as I tried to hide my embarrassment. Yang teased me and said, "Oh that's so cute! My little sister has her first crush!!!" I threw a pillow at Yang's face and said, "Shut up Yang! Stop distracting me."
Yang smirked and said, "But you didn't deny what I said, so you must have some type of feelings for him. Are you gonna confess to him anytime during the year because of you don't, I might steal him from you." I yelled at her and said, "YANG!!! You better not do anything to him or I'll..." Then I heard a familiar male voice say from behind me, "Girls keep it down it's not just the three of us in the ballroom."
Yang and I looked up with shocked faces to see that Y/N is now standing there, shirtless and wearing black shorts.

Your POV

Ruby looks away as her face was now as red as her cloak. Then she asked me, "Y/N... did... did you hear any of that?" I shook my head and said, "Not all of the story really just that you're gonna beat up Yang for something she's gonna do." Ruby and Yang both sighed in relief knowing that I didn't know what they're were talking about.
Curious, I asked her, "Well, anyways, what are you doing Ruby?" Ruby answered, "It's a letter to the gang back at Signal. I promised to tell them all about Beacon and how things are going." Yang smiled and said, "Awww, that's so cute!" Ruby threw another pillow at Yang and said, "Shut up! I didn't get to take my friends with me to school! It's weird not knowing anyone here!" I crossed my arms and said, "Me neither, not that I had any friends to begin with. But what about Jaune and I? Surely you got to know us a little bit by now." Then Ruby said, "Yeah, but I'm pretty sure Weiss counts as a negative friend."
Yang replied, "There's no such thing as negative friends. You just made two friends, but one enemy." Ruby throws her last pillow at Yang's face before laying on her back. I smiled and said, "Come on Ruby, it's only been the first day. Sure it wasn't the best start, but you have friends all around you. You just need to go find them that's all." Ruby looked at me and said, "Yeah, you're right, Y/N." I yawned and said, "I'm tired. See you two tomorrow. Goodnight." Ruby smiled and said, "Night, Y/N." I went back to my bag, laid down, and fell asleep.

Hope you all enjoyed this chapter.
Master out.