Vol. 1 Ch. 10 Secrets

Your POV

Time Skip

I woke in a cold sweat from the nightmare I just had. Why did I have that dream again? I thought to myself. I wiped the tears away from my eyes. I need some fresh air, I thought. As quietly as I could, I got up and walked out the room. Then I went up to the roof and sat down by the edge. I looked up at the stars and the shattered Moon.
After awhile, I went back to the dorm and laid back down.

Time Skip

My team and I were in Professor Oobleck's class. Oobleck said, "This is prior to the Faunus Rights Revolution, more popularly known as the Faunus War! Humankind was quite, quite adamant about centralizing Faunus population in Menagerie. Now!
While this must feel like ancient history to many of you, it is imperative to remember that these are relatively recent events! Why, the repercussions of the uprising can still be seen to this day!"

Still zooming around the class, Oobleck takes one more sip of his coffee before continue his lecture, saying, "Now! Have any among you been subjugated or discriminated because of your Faunus heritage?"

For a moment, it seemed that no one would raise their hands for the fear of having to deal with Cardin and his team again. I raised my robotic hand first just so that I could possibly inspire the others to do so as well. Almost immediately, other students started to get more courage and raise their hands, even the rabbit Faunus girl that was sitting in front of me.

Oobleck then said, "Dreadful, simply dreadful! Remember students, it is precisely this kind of ignorance that breeds violence! I mean, I mean, I mean just look at what happened to White Fang!" He dashes towards the other side of the room once more before taking a sip of his coffee. Oobleck then said, "Now, which one of you young scholars can tell me what many theorists to be the turning point in the third year of the War?"

Weiss raised her hand without hesitation as Oobleck nodded his head to her. Then Weiss answered, "The Battle of Fort Castle." Oobleck replied, "Precisely! AND who can tell me the advantage the Faunus had over General Lagune's forces?"

I started to zone out and think about what had happened to my family, when out of the corner of my eye I saw Cardin flicking a piece of paper to Jaune, who was sleeping. He loudly wakes up and grabbed the attention of Professor Oobleck. I zoned out again and thought about how much of my life was terrible due to me being a Faunus. Then I felt a couple tears go down my face.
After class ended, Ruby came up to me and said, "Y/N, are you okay? I saw you tearing up in class." I sighed and said, "There's something that I want to tell you, but let's get to the dorms first." She nodded and followed me back to the dorms.

Time Skip

Ruby and I got back to our dorm and sat on her bed. I looked at her and said, "Ruby, I going to tell you some things about me and my past. But can you keep it a secret from the team until I'm ready to tell them?" She nodded and said, "Of course. What is it?" I took a deep breath and said, "Well, back when I was 7..."

Flashback

I was living in the outskirts of Mantle with my mom, my dad, and my four-year-old sister, Lily. One night, I woke up and saw a fire in the spare bedroom. Lily and I hurried and woke up our parents. My mom and dad grabbed our hands and quickly escorted my little sister and I out of our house.

Outside of the house, there were tons of members of the Anti-Faunus League, which is a organization of Faunus Haters that despises Faunus more than anything other creature in Remnant. My mom and dad told us to run, so we ran into thd woods behind our house. I heard two gunshots behind us. I looked back and saw both of my parents lying dead on the ground.

Lily and I kept running. I hid in some bushes after heard another couple of gunshots behind us. My sister accidentally stepped on a twig, which snapped. I then heard a another gunshot and watched as my sister fell to the ground dead. But before the League members could find and kill me, I heard police sirens in the distance, causing them to leave. I sat there in the dark, crying at the loss of my parents and my little sister.

End of Flashback

I sat there crying, as Ruby put her arms around me and hugged me. Then she said, "If you don't mind me asking, how did you get that scar on your left eye?" I nodded and said, "That happened a year after my parents and my little sister died."

Flashback

I was on my own, surviving on any animal or food I could find. Then one day, I came across a small village and I saw an Anti-Faunus League member there. Then he turned and saw me. I ran back into the woods and I could hear him running after me.

Eventually, he caught up to me and tackled me to the ground. That's when I unlocked my semblance and threw an electric bolt at him. He pulled out a sword and slashed a cut on my eye. Then he said, "If I ever see you again, I won't hesitate to kill you." Then he left me there on my own. Luckily my eye wasn't damaged, just the skin around my eye was damaged. It healed up pretty quickly, but not without leaving a scar.

End of Flashback

Ruby wiped away my tears and said, "I'm so sorry that you had to go through all of that. Just know that I'll be right here with you all the way." Then she kissed me passionately and I kissed her back. We started making out on her bed. She pushed me down on her bed. I licked her lower lip for entrance. She hesitated for a moment, before letting my tongue enter her mouth. I gently explored her entire mouth with my tougue, and then let her do the same with her tongue in my mouth. Then we continued to kiss each other passionately.

Suddenly, the door opened and we both heard Yang say, "There you two.....are....." Ruby and I both pulled away and looked at each other wide-eyed.

How do you think Yang is going to react to you dating Ruby? In a good way? Or in a bad way?
Master out.