Vol. 3 Ch. 42 Unexpected Meeting

Your POV

Time Skip
(Brought to you by Chibi Nora eating all of the pancakes again)

I slowly woke up in an unfamiliar house laying on a couch. I sat up, and felt some pain around my torso. I looked down and saw that my stomach where I'd been stabbed was wrapped in bandages. Then I heard an unfamiliar voice say, "You're finally awake... Y/N..." I turned and saw a middle aged blonde man holding a mug. He handed me the mug and I cautiously took it. Then he said, "I didn't know how you took your coffee, so I made it like I would for Ruby." I felt my wolf ears perked up at the mention of Ruby's name. Then I said, "Ruby...? Wait you know Ruby?" I took a sip of my coffee. Then the man said, "Yes, I do. I'm Taiyang, Yang and Ruby's father."
I did a spit take of my coffee and said, "Oh my gosh...Sir I'm so sorry... I'm..." He cut me off and said, "I know who you are and no need to apologize. After all, you did save my daughter's life..." Then I said, "Wait! Where is Ruby?"
Taiyang said, "Calm down... Yang and Ruby are in their own rooms asleep. Your weapon is in the other room with Ruby's Crescent Rose." I let out a sigh of relief and said, "Oh, thank god... I was worried that..." He chuckled and said, "Man, you really are like what Ruby said you were in her letters..." I asked him, "She wrote about me? So I guess you already know about the two of us..." He nodded and said, "Yeah, I was honestly shocked to find out that she was in a relationship, but when I heard about the things that you have done for her, it put me at ease. But I honestly still wanted to meet you." I nodded and said, "Yeah, Ruby told me and I honestly intended to, but... I wish it was under better circumstances..."
Taiyang replied, "Y/N, I heard about what you did back there at Beacon, and let me tell you that you did the best that you could both as a person and Huntsman..." I sniffled and said, "Thank you... but still... I lost 2 of my friends..." He looked at me and said, "The only thing that you have to focus on now is what you're going to do next..." I nodded and said, "You know... for the first time in my life, I'm not sure what I'm going to do next..." I wiped my tears away from my eyes with my right hand and said, "Could I see Ruby, sir?"
Taiyang nodded and said, "Of course... if you could walk follow me..." I followed him up the stairs and into the room that Ruby was in. There she laid on her bed fast asleep. I ran over to her side and said, "Ruby! Thank god you're okay." I shed some tears as I hold Ruby's hand and said, "I'm here... I'm sorry I couldn't do more, Rubes." I felt a hand on my shoulder and heard Taiyang say, "She's been like this for quite some time, she might not wake up anytime soon."
I nodded and said, "Please sir just...let me stay by her side until she wakes up...please." He replied, "She really means a lot to you, doesn't she?" I nodded, looked at him, and said, "More than anything... she brought happiness back into my life."
He smiled and said, "Okay... I'm glad that you're her boyfriend Y/N. Who knows, you might be a part of the family one day..." Before he leaves the room, I asked him, "You said that you had found my weapon, but did you find my left hand perhaps as well?" He stood there for a moment and said, "Was it a metallic robotic prosthetic one?" I nodded and he said, "I believe that Qrow found it, I'll go get it."
Then Taiyang left the room, I grabbed a chair, placed it by the window, and sat there waiting for Ruby to wake up. Taiyang came back into the room and said, "Need a hand?" I facepalmed and said, "So that's where Yang gets it from." Then Taiyang gave me my left hand and left the room. I looked at my left hand and noticed that it was kinda beat up and slightly scorched from Cinder's attack.
I kissed Ruby on the forehead and started to repair my hand. When I opened the panel on the back, I noticed that some of the circuits, mostly the ones for the modifications I had made, were fried. I removed them and repaired the original circuits. When I finished its functionality was back to the way it was when I first got it, just a prosthetic hand, nothing more, nothing less. I reattached the back panel and decided that I would need to do something about the scorch marks. Then I thought, Maybe if I spray painted it, the paint would hide the scorch marks.
I gave Ruby another kiss on the forehead and went back downstairs to Taiyang. I found him in the living room and asked him, "Hey, Mr. Xiao Long, I was wondering if you had any spray paint that I could use on my hand to cover up the scorch marks?" He turned to me and said, "First off, you can just call me Tai. Secondly, I do believe there's some cans of spray paint in the shed near Yang's bike, Bumblebee." I nodded and said, "Thanks, Tai."
I went out to the shed and found 3 cans of spray paint on a shelf, a red one, a light blue one, and a yellow one. I grabbed the light blue one. Then I set my hand on some pieces of newspaper, shook the can of spray paint, and painted my left hand a nice color of light blue, which happened to match the light blue of my jacket. Once it was dried, I put the can back, threw away the newspaper, and reattached my newly painted and repaired left hand.

Then I went back to Ruby's room and sat back down in the chair next to her bed. I held her hand in my right one and kissed the back of it. Then I yawned and drifted off to sleep in the chair.

I hope you all enjoyed this chapter.
Master out.