Vol. 2 Ch. 19 The Stressful Wait

Ruby's POV

After Torchwick escaped, I ran over to Y/N. I checked him for a pulse. I found one, but it was faint. I picked him up and said to the others, "We need to get Y/N back to Beacon and to the infirmary immediately."

Time Skip

I sat beside Y/N's hospital bed. I held his pale, ice cold (right) hand in mine. "Please wake up, Sparky," I whispered to him while tears ran down my cheek. "I miss you. It's been almost a week. Please come back to me." I felt my Scroll go off. I pulled it out and saw a message from Yang.

I put my Scroll back in my pocket, kissed my comatose boyfriend on the forehead, and said, "I'll be back later, Sparky

I put my Scroll back in my pocket, kissed my comatose boyfriend on the forehead, and said, "I'll be back later, Sparky. I love you." Then I went to class.

Time Skip

The bell rang, ending class. I got up and started to rush back to the infirmary, but I was held back by someone holding onto my hood. I turned and saw Yang holding onto my hood.
She smiled and said, "Before you leave to go see your boyfriend again, I asked Ozpin about something and he said it was fine with him. I want you to know that if you want to stay with Y/N overnight in the infirmary, I won't mind. I know how much he truly means to you." I smiled, hugged my big sister, and said, "Thanks, Yang." She ruffled my hair and said, "No problem, Ruby. See you tomorrow." Then she let me go and I went to see my boyfriend.
When I got there, I kissed him on the forehead and said, "Hey, Y/N. It's me, Ruby. I'm back. I don't know if you can hear anything I'm saying, but Yang's said that she's fine with me staying here with you overnight. I really hope you wake up soon. I miss you."
Then I heard a voice say from the doorway, "I'm not a doctor, but I'm pretty sure that he knows whenever you're here with him." I jumped a little and turned to see Ozpin at the door. He smiled and said, "Sorry for intruding on you, Ms. Rose. But I wasn't lying about what I said. I don't know if he can hear you, but I have a strong feeling that whenever you're here, Y/N knows that you are."
I looked at him, confused and said, "How come?" Ozpin took a sip of his cocoa and said, "It seems that whenever you enter the room, his brain seems to briefly spike in activity and stays higher whenever you're in the room. But whenever you leave, it spikes once more and stays low until you return. If I had to guess, I'd say that even in his comatose state, his brain and his heart can feel whenever your Aura is near him. You two must have a really good and strong bond with each other, and I don't just mean in a boyfriend/girlfriend way."
My eyes lit up and I said, "Really?" Ozpin nodded and said, "I'm actually curious to see if you stay here with him overnight, if he'll wake up or be closer to it. That's why I don't mind if you stayed here with him tonight. Don't worry about Professor Goodwitch, I have already informed her about you staying here with Y/N." I smiled and said, "Thank you, Professor Ozpin." He smiled and left.
I yawned, closed the door, and changed into my pajamas. Then I sat in the chair next to Y/N's hospital bed. I kissed him on the forehead and said, "Goodnight, Sparky." Then I held his hand in mine, intertwined my fingers in between his. I closed my eyes and slowly drifted off to sleep.

3rd Person POV

What Ruby didn't see before she fell asleep, was a brief spark of electricity on Y/N's robotic hand between two of the fingers lasting about a second, causing the hand to briefly twitch for just as long as the spark.

Hope you all enjoyed this chapter.
Master out.