Chapter Six

I felt light as a feather with a breeze brushing across my face and through my hair. My arms stretched out at my side and my legs parted, eyes still closed as a feel all negative emotions leave my body.

I flutter my eyes open slowly and delicately, wanting to save this feeling forever.

The light blue skies surrounding me as the clouds float lightly by.

I know realise, I'm actually floating in the sky, gliding through the soft fluffy clouds as the cool breeze travels past my body.

Before I could think of anything else, a soft gentle feminine voice rang through my ears "relax y/n.....your gonna need it. Now shall I remind you of the story about the moon goddess. I know it use to be your favourite story" the voice chuckled with amusement and softness. I nodded as I continued to glide through the breeze.

" close your eyes again y/n, while I tell the true story" I hummed and complied with the request of closing my eyes.

The moon goddess is the creator of werewolves, she loves and protects all her creatures that she has created. She loves them so dearly as if they are all her own children. Which they are in some way.

The moon goddess had one day set foot on earths soil, to then meet a human man. She fell in love with him but knew because of who she is and her responsibilities, she couldn't continue with her love.

Out of their love, a child was born. A girl.

The human girl was born with a birthmark on her left shoulder. It more resembles a tattoo due to its colour. It was a half moon, with seven stars surrounding the moon.

To protect her little girl, she had created her soldiers. She created seven soldiers, much like the stars on her daughters birthmark. Each man had their own individual eye colour, to tell them apart. They shared her powers, not all just a little, to make them more powerful and invincible.

She connected their souls together and had chosen them to become her daughters mates. She thought this would be the best way to protect her daughter........but she was wrong.

As predicted as the young girl became a young woman. The seven soldiers that she had grown up with had fallen in love with her and would gladly die for her.

But little did anyone know even the moon goddess herself did not know, that as a human mate is connected to a wolf. They are of course bound forever but if the human was to die first, so would the wolf. The wolf's heart would not take the heart break and would instantly collapse in grief, at the moment the human mate heart would stop.

Unfortunately in this story there is a villain, the moon goddess's brother, Shiwoo. He hated his sisters power that she had processed and the favouritism that she had received from their parents. He was jealous of the moon goddess and despised the wolf race.

He created his own kind. Hunters.

Shiwoo was not as powerful as his sister but was just strong enough to create his own race.

Hunters are mostly human with a twist of supernatural. They are much stronger than an average human but not as strong as a wolf. Each born with a birthmark of a wolf on their bodies as a reminder of what they were born to do.

They now cover their birthmark with tattoos, mostly of wolfs. To make them look more threatening to the wolf's they were genetically made to hate with their very souls.

Shiwoo believed that his sisters weakness at most was her daughter. He believed if he killed his niece, his sister would lose control of her power out of grief and demolish her creation.

He knew he would have to get through the soldiers first to get to his niece.

He declared war between hunters and werewolves. It was the greatest war in history. Known as the Red War.

The war was that bad the trees had turned red with blood and the forest floors would be stained red.

Where the battle had taken place is held deep within the forest. The ground still red as a reminder of that awful day. It's a massive grave sight. To only be visited on the anniversary.

In battle three of the moon goddess's soldiers died protecting her daughter. In return the daughter had been so grief stricken she refused to leave them where they lay. A part of her was missing in her heart.

This act was would lead to her death.

Shiwoo made a surprise appearance and had killed his niece.

The moment the said girl had fallen and her heart stopped beating the remaining four had fallen into forever sleep.

The moon goddess had watched all. She was clouded with so much sadness and grief and so many mixed emotions. She banished her brother away into the pit of darkness beneath them. To never break free.

But she couldn't get rid of her brothers hunters.

She knew her soldiers could if they were still alive.

So with all her power she cast a curse, that in every new generation. Her daughter would be reborn in a new life, along with the seven soldiers. Destined to meet. Not all are born within the same time, but it doesn't change their destiny to be with one another.

In fact they have all been born within the same time only twice before.

Each life they have together always ends in death and the moon goddess is growing weak because of the repeating curse.

The only way for the curse to be lifted is for the eight to reunite and become one. The human girl is the strength to the seven men that they need to break the curse and rid of the hunters and Shiwoo.

There are signs Shiwoo is growing stronger to release himself from his prison.

The moon goddess has to pull together what little power she has left for the eight to be reborn and take vengeance on her brother and the hunters. Its the wolf race last hope for peace, or they will all fall under Shiwoos power or they face becoming instinct.