Wednesday (9/12)

9:38am

"Good morning, Jackson."

I rub my eyes to rid them of their sleepiness. As my eyes take in the bright sunlight pouring through the window, I see an angel.

Mark.

He has his bright smile on as he sits across from me in the bed.

I smile weakly. My smile could never be that bright.

"Did you sleep well?" He asks.

I nod my head.

"Me too." He nods his head. "I dreamt that you spoke a full sentence to me. It was a super awesome dream."

A blush paints my cheeks. Who knew that someone would've dreamt about me?

Mark grasps my hands. His pale skin contrasts with my tanned skin. His eyes shine and shimmer as he stares at me.

"Do you want to talk to me?" He asks suddenly.

I nod my head. I've always wanted to talk to him.

I wonder how Mark would react if he heard my words, not infer what my gestures mean. I'm surprised he's bothered with me for the past few months.

"Why don't you talk?" He sounds almost desperate, as if he's been curious of the weird trait that I possess.

I shrug.

He pouts but smiles again anyway.

"It's okay. I'll still like you even if you do or don't talk." He pats my shoulder.

"Are you hungry?"

I nod my head.

That's when Mark hurries off into the kitchen and starts to make breakfast.

I wash my face and wander around his apartment. I find pictures of his family hanged up on the walls, they look happy.

Yet, that argument Mark had with his sister was quite unpleasant. Maybe they aren't as perfect as they seem.

I glance into Mark's room. It's clean and neat, just like the rest of the place.

Finally, I walk into the kitchen where Mark is putting his final touches on breakfast. Eggs, toast and orange juice.

Simple. I like it.

"Thank you for the food!" Mark prays briefly and begins to dig in.

I don't pray. I'm not religious.

I doubt God wants a man who's tried to end his life several times. I'm unwanted.

I'll rot in hell where I'm supposed to be.

"What are you thinking about?" Mark glares at me. "You haven't touched your food."

My plate remains untouched as I look at Mark.

"What do you think about Jackson?" His tone turns soft.

I bite my lip.

"What makes those gorgeous eyes so lifeless?" Mark drops his fork and puts all his attention on me.

We sit in silence.

My eyes are trained on the tabletop and Mark's eyes are trained on me.

He sighs.

"I guess I'll find out another d-" He's interrupted.

"Pain."

I raise my eyes to face Mark. He's staring at me with a meaningful gaze. He slides his hand to the middle of the table, I place mine on top of his. He squeezes my hand.

"I wish I could take away your pain." He speaks sincerely as he rubs his thumb on my hand.

The funny thing is...he's already taken away my pain.

Everytime I'm with him, that chest pain stops. My mind goes blank and all my attention is directed to Mark. Everything is great when I'm with Mark. He's a wish come true.

An angel.

"Thank you." A tear rolls down my cheek as my low, deep voice rumbles in my throat.

"You're very welcome, Jackson. I'll always be here for you." He smiles sadly.

I hope so.

I can't lose him.

He's an angel that's saving me from my own hell.

Stay with me forever, Mark.

Please.