Saturday (7/14)

5:20pm

My therapist visits me today. Aunt Mimi is banned from visiting me.

"I thought you were getting better, Jackson." She frowns as she flips through my files.

I shrug. My eyes stare at the wall as I play with my thumbs.

"When was the last time you slept?"

Shrug.

"Eaten?"

Shrug.

"You have to stop doing this. You're slowly killing yourself." She pries.

I nod my head. That's the point.

"Jackson." She tries to gain my attention. "If you could just tell us how you feel, I can help you."

I shake my head.

"You are in denial."

Shake my head.

"Your body is going to give out and die if you keep doing this!"

Nod my head.

My therapist sighs in defeat. She leans back in her chair and examines me.

"Well, I did bring you this." She reaches into her bag and takes out a handful of strawberry flavored lollipops.

"This boy named Mark gave these to your aunt. She can't come so she gave it to me. These are from him to you." She places the 5 lollipops on top of the wood table.

I stare at the lollipops and that feeling in my chest contorts. Grabbing one of the small lollipops into my hand, I bring it to my heart.

I miss him.

My therapist watches me keenly and a smile forms on her face.

"I can tell he's someone special to you. I'll ask for his number so he can call you. Will that make you feel better, Jackson?"

I nod my head. Tears leave my eyes and I end up crying into my arm.

She sings me a soft Chinese lullaby that I used to listen to when I was a kid.

Visiting time ends. She packs up her things and heads out the door.

"I'll make sure he calls." She smiles softly then she exits the room.

I'll be waiting.