Saturday (9/29)

12:15pm

Another sleepless night.

That medicine doesn't work. Nor do the over-the-counter products.

I rest my pounding head against the cool bark of my favorite tree in the park.

The last time I genuinely slept was that night with Mark. When he held me in his arms and hummed a sweet melodie that I have yet to recognize.

The wind blows through my hair. Fall is coming. The wind is getting chillier.

I sit in the park watching some people occasionally past by me as they jog.

It's my day off. My aunt is out of town with her boyfriend. If she isn't there, I'm not there.

It's peaceful yet...empty.

"Found ya!" Mark jumps from behind my tree and jumps on top of my body. He knocks me down as he lays horizontally on my stomach.

I'm shocked, but I can't prevent the small chuckle that rumbles in my throat.

"You laughed?!" He sits up and stares at me in shock.

I shrug. I don't really know what I did.

"Are you ticklish?"

I shake my head. Trust me, my parents tried that already. Not a peep came out of me.

"Well I'm ticklish. Super ticklish. I'm jealous of you." He pouts and crosses his arms.

He's ticklish?

My hands reach to his sides.

"Wait, Jackson. N-" He's cut off by his own laughter as I tickle him.

I think this is the first time I've heard his genuine laugh, not his usual giggles.

As I tickle him and admire his beautiful laughter, I smile so hard, my cheeks begin to hurt.

Once I stop tickling him, he sighs deeply in content.

"That was funny." He sits up from his laying position on the grass.

I pluck out some leaves and twigs tangled into his hair and help him dust the dirt off of his clothes.

We head to the riverside area of the park. We sit on a bench and enjoy the cool air and scent of the Han River.

Mark hugs himself as he shivers in his baby blue sweater.

I look down at my long-sleeve black turtleneck and my black coat. Then, I look back at my shivering Mark.

My? I can't say that. My is only used for possession.

Mark isn't mine.

Without further thought, I shrug off my black coat and sling it over Mark's shoulders.

"Oh! Oh no. Jackson you ne-" Mark tries to refuse.

"You need it." I pull the fuzzy hood over his head. I help him put his arms through the sleeves.

He accepts my jacket with a smile.

We sit in a nice, comfortable silence. The Han River flows gently, the birds chirp softly and the cold wind whisks across our faces.

"What makes the park special?" Mark asks.

Both of our eyes are trained on the river.

"Peace." I respond with a low voice.

"Yeah. It is peaceful here." Mark nods his head.

Mark stands as he stretches his arms out and yawns. My coat looks quite large on him.

"It's a beautiful day today!" He yells into the horizon.

I smile.

"Isn't it beautiful, Jackson?" He stares down at me.

I nod my head.

He sits back down and smiles at me. I stare back at him. No, I admire him.

His brown hair flutters in the wind, his pale skin glows underneath the sunlight, his soft pink lips form a bright smile and his mesmerizing brown eyes gleam with joy.

"You're beautiful."

The words roll off my tongue effortlessly.

Mark's eyes widen. His cheeks and ears turn red as he blushes profusely.

"A-am I?" He stutters.

"Yes." I reply with a word instead of my typical nod. I want him to know I mean it.

"Oh." He laughs and hides his face behind his hands. He must be embarrassed.

I grab his hands and hold them in mine. I squeeze them gently as I stare into his quivering eyes.

"You're beautiful." I repeat myself.

His eyes swell with tears. He rests his face on my shoulder, wraps his arms around my neck and cries.

I hold him tightly as he cries.

"You really are beautiful." I whisper into his ear.

The grip he has on my shirt tightens as he sobs deeply.

"Thank you, Jackson." He croaks out.

And we stay like that until his beautiful face is ridden of tears.