Saturday (3/8)

8:36am

"I'm sad now."

"Why?"

"I can't see you at the hospital anymore." Mark frowns as he plays with a loose string of fabric on his white sweater.

I've been living with Mark for a week now and it's been heavenly.

Every morning, I'm greeted by an angel. Everyday, I enjoy hanging out with an angel. Every night, I admire a sleepy angel.

I love it here with Mark.

"It's okay." I pinch Mark's cheeks and lift them up to turn his frown upside down. His white teeth sparkle as he smiles.

He grabs my wrists and removes my hands from his face.

"I don't like leaving you alone." Mark pouts again as he holds my hands.

He's said that everyday he's gone to work. He doesn't like leaving me alone.

It's not that he can't leave me alone, he doesn't like leaving me alone. It warms my heart how he cares about me. Compared to my aunt, who thought that her lifelong duty was to make sure I was never alone.

"I'm fine." I reassure Mark.

"Are you sure?" Mark looks at me firmly.

I nod my head.

"You promise you're fine?" He's serious.

"I promise." I interlock our pinky fingers.

Mark smiles and proceeds to get up from the couch. I grab his wrist to stop him.

"Are you fine?" I ask in a clear voice. Speaking has become natural. Only with Mark.

"Huh?" Mark looks at me confused.

"Are you okay? You're health?"

"Jackson..." A soft smile forms on his face.

"Is it more chemo today?"

Mark drops his eyes to the ground and nods his head.

"Is it painful?" I ask another question, Mark's shoulders slump completely.

I have no idea what he's going through. Yet, I want to help him in the most ways possible.

I stand from the couch and hug Mark tightly. I ask if I can pick him up from the hospital after his treatment.

"Of course you can." He chuckles.

Mark puts his trenchcoat on and slides on his shoes.

"I'll see you in a bit." Mark smiles as he grabs the doorknob.

"Fighting." I cheer quietly and raise my fist halfway into the air.

"Fighting!" Mark cheers loudly and he leaves the apartment with a smile on his beautiful face.

By 2PM, Mark walks out of the hospital building.

His hands are stuffed into the pockets of his black trenchcoat. His fluffy blond hair hangs over his eyes and his face bears a sad frown.

He walks up to me and forces hisself to smile.

"You're strong." I tell him wholeheartedly.

"You're the strongest person I know. When you fall, you get right back up. You smile even when you're in pain. You're kind even when life is mean."

Clear tears fall from his eyes.

"You're strong, Mark." I wipe his tears with my thumbs.

"Thank you, Jackson." Mark hugs me tightly. His tears soak my black jacket.

"I love you, Mark." I rub his small back.

"I love you too, Jackson." Mark sniffles.

I cup his face into my hands and press my lips against his. His lips are wet and salty because of his tears. But, his lips are still soft and delicate just as the first time we kissed.

It's breif but long lasting.

Mark genuinely smiles after we pull apart.

He wipes his tears as I bend down on the ground. Mark soon wraps his arms around my neck and leans his body onto my back. He's too weak to walk on his own.

I lift him easily. He's light. Too light.

I give Mark a piggyback ride all the way to the apartment. He falls asleep on my shoulder, I smile from his cuteness.

I carefully set him on the couch. I help a sleepy Mark take off his trenchcoat and shoes then I let him sleep on my lap.

With his body covered with a light blanket and his head resting on my thigh, Mark sleeps peacefully.

I comb his surprisingly thick hair with my fingers as I admire him.

You're strong, Mark.

You're strong.