Go Tigers!

I let out a loud sigh as I plopped down on the large revolving chair. 

"No, Kristian, you're supposed to hit the low V before you hit the left high V," said Alanna with a mouth full of skittles. 

We've gone over the cheer stance five times since we left practice, but Kristian still doesn't get it. 

Chloe checked out her ass from the long vertical mirror by the dresser. "You can't be messing up on the homecoming game, sis. It's like the one game that everyone comes too." She was right, Lakeshore High vs. Crawhill High was the most anticipated football game of the year. 

"I'm trying, but last time I checked, none of you are my actual captains, so until you fix your back handspring step-outs, mind ya business," Kristian mumbled as she continued practicing the steps. 

"Well let's ask one of the captains. Victoria?" Alanna turned to me. 

I raised my palms, "Don't look at me, I'm just the vice-captain." All the girls rolled their eyes at me before continuing their mini-argument. 

The cheer squad had decided to get ready for the game at Alanna's house. Our cheer costumes were black with orange glittery tiger print, and we all had matching white sneakers. 

"Okay then, Julian?" They asked as they turned to the redhead across the room. Julian was not only the captain of the team, but considered by many to be the sexiest, funniest, smartest, and the list literally goes on. 

Her hazel eyes were focused on her reflection in the mirror. "Kristian, just take the moves one at a time. Hurry up and learn it before I give your spot to Dominique," she warned as she brushed her hair into a high ponytail. 

"Whatever, I hope everyone has their outfits because we're changing for the party in the locker rooms." Said Kristian as she gave up on practicing and fell onto Alanna's lap. 

Crawhill's cheer squad consisted of sixteen girls. Alanna's house could only take seven, so the rest decided to get ready themselves. 

Alanna was one of the richest members on the cheer-squad, after Julian. Then there was Chloe, Grace, and Tiana. 

I went to sit on the vanity to apply my red lipstick and fix the orange bow in my ponytail. 

"Victoria, girl, I'm going to crash at your place tonight.  I will be too drunk to drive myself home." Said Grace as she came over to fix my bow. 

"Okay cool, but if you puke in my car, I'm handing you over to a creepy uber driver," I said as I texted my mom the update. If she didn't get the text, I could just tell her when she came later to the game.

She was always very involved in my tumbling and cheer classes, considering the fact that she'd been paying for the classes since I was in fourth grade. Now that it's twelfth grade, though, she seems more concerned with my GPA.

"Guys, should I wear a dress or jeans to the after-party?" Asked Alanna as she pushed Kristian off her. 

Everyone knew she'd look good in anyone. With the body of a Victoria's Secret model and brown skin devoid of any blemishes, she was undoubtedly one of the prettiest people in the room.

"You look good in anything." Said Tiana. "Tori, what're you wearing?" 

"I just packed a little black dress and leather jacket. And this is our third time being at this party, Alanna, just pick from all that designer you got in your closet," I said as I re-applied my powder. 

The football game started in about an hour, and Coach wanted us on the field in 30 minutes, meaning we only had 15 more minutes to get ready before we had to drive over.