Bye Bye Virgin

I got in the car with Grace, Chloe, and Alanna. My feet were aching from all of the tumbling.

All I really wanted to do was sit in a salt bath, read Wattpad stories, and snack on apples and peanut butter, but even Coach Shawnny was counting on me to attend the party.

When we got there, I felt like the music was going to make my eardrums explode. Malik's house was huge, with bushes trimmed in the shape of animals and chandeliers visible from the outside. The only thing that ruined the aesthetic was the drinking kids popping bottles of champagne outside.

"Let's go, bitches!" Grace jumped out of the car. 

I could literally already feel the migraine. 

"Are you going to go find a corner to play episode again?" Alanna asked me. 

"I just got four more game passes," I smiled as I rang the doorbell. I wasn't surprised when one of the football players answered for Malik.

"Hello, Kardashians." He gave us a really unsettling smile.

"You're not from Crawhill," Chloe pointed out to the boy. "Lakeshore and Crawhill have converged for the night." He took a swig of beer. 

 It didn't matter to me much who was at the party. As long as people knew I had made an appearance I was fine. 

We went around greeting everyone and offering the football team our congratulations. When everyone was settled down, I found a semi-quiet corner by the ping-pong table. 

'R U guys home safely?'  I texted Layla.

'Yup, your mom took me home. How's the party going? Have you run into adversity?' She responded.

'Nope, stop being such a pessimist.'

'I worry about U. I have a theory that you hang around cannibals.'

'Okay, BYE.'

'I'm going to take a nap, call me if they try to eat you.'

After checking in on my mom, I started checking my Instagram DM's.

"Yo, Shaw!" Craig, a football player, called out my last name. I looked up to see a good portion of the cheerleaders and football players from both schools sitting around the living room. "Come play with us!" He patted an empty seat next to him. 

"I'm good."

"Her name is Shaw?" A familiar voice asked.

I shot my head up to see Jeremiah sitting among them, an inquiring look on his face. 

"Come on just play a couple of rounds," said Alanna as she gestured for me to sit near her. 

They wouldn't shut up unless I played a round with them, so I reluctantly sat by Alanna, right across from Jeremiah. I purposefully avoided his gaze. 

"We're playing double dare or triple truth." Tiana, who was sitting on a guy's lap, said. 

"That's just another fancy word for truth or dare." I groaned. What were we, twelve? 

"Okay, let's spin the bottle," Chloe said as she spun the beer bottle. 

Big surprise, it landed on Jeremiah. And inevitably, since we are stereotypical teenagers, he was asked to take off his shirt. Oh, and the guy was ripped, bigger surprise. The entire situation was getting monotonous.

"Too easy, give him something else," Alanna said.

"Double dare or triple truth?" Craig asked him.