Homecoming Night Pt. 2

Everyone's eyes fell on me when I walked back in, and I hid behind an angry Jeremiah.

 Layla walked up to me. "Alanna made sure the PowerPoint was taken done. Mr. Derulo is lecturing Julian right now." 

I sighed in relief; I wouldn't have to face Julian. 

"Permission to kill a hoe?"

"Denied." I shook my head. This was bad attention and I wanted to keep as much of it away from me as possible. 

"I'll be back." Jeremiah faced me. 

My eyes widened, "you're leaving me?!"

He sighed and tucked one of my curls behind my ear, "Suck it up, pom poms. You got this." He kissed the back of my hand, "Only you can put out your own fire. Don't let them make you believe otherwise." He stroked my cheek one last time before walking over to Alex.

"I swear I'll kill her." Layla pulled me into a hug. "You want to go home?"

I did, I really did want to go home, gosh I was so weak. I looked at Jeremiah who was angrily talking to the cheerleaders. If he was being strong for me, I could at least try to be a little stronger for him. "No." I decided.

I sighed and walked up to the stand. "Hello, everyone." Everyone quieted down, they wanted me to redeem myself. They wanted dirt on Julian, but I couldn't give it to them. "It's time for hoco pictures. As you can see, there is a booth set up by the chocolate fountain-"

"That's not what we want to hear," Jasmine shouted. 

Why was she here again? "Excuse me?"

"Julian just showed her true colors to everyone. She's a manipulator and a user." Everyone gasped at Jasmine's bold statement. "And you people enable her to ruin people's lives day after day by consistently voting for her.  As far as I can tell, she slept with her best friend's ex, and then made a bunch of excuses for it."

Jeremiah walked over to her and interjected, "And you're all bitches for laughing at that slideshow."

My heart stopped for a second, "They're not bitches! They just don't know what to think." For so long this has been my school. I've never been the victim or the girl that people are laughing at. I was their baby tigress, and yet they took Julian's side the second she snapped. It's not my school, it's hers.

"All of this is for you guys," I waved my hands at all the extravagance. "I just wanted you guys to have a memorable homecoming, especially the seniors," I desperately tried to hold back my tears, "I really don't know what else to tell you guys. Yes, the rumors are true." I took a breathe, "I am pregnant."

Everyone went silent. Jeremiah whispered something in Jasmine's ear before making his way towards me. Before he could reach me, though, Jasmine started clapping. And then Alanna, Layla, Chuck, Keon, and Alex. Jeremiah offered his hand to me, and I took it gratefully. 

"Being pregnant doesn't make you a slut,"  was the last thing I heard before Jeremiah led me to his car. He helped me in the passenger seat before hopping into drivers. 

"I'm proud of you, pom-poms," He rubbed my knee and pulled into the road. 

He let down the windows, and the cool breeze whipped through my hair. I put my hand out and pretended to reach the night sky. I did it! I told everyone the truth and didn't die. Not that everyone didn't know before, but those were just rumors. I confirmed my own story. I had a serious mental breakdown, and will probably be experiencing PTSD from almost getting kidnapped, but I'm alive! I started giggling uncontrollably, and Jeremiah looked kind of scared.