Is this my life?

"Okay, so we'll start taking pictures this week. Campaigning for homecoming king and queen starts tomorrow." Grace said. I nodded and scribbled notes in my glittery planner. 

"Obviously, Victoria and Malik will be running," she added, winking at me. 

When did I agree to that? 

I really did not feel like running against Julian this year, because it would definitely be more than a little friendly competition. She won queen in 9th and 10th grade, while I won last year. It was a shock to the entire cheer squad, but it had definitely propelled me to her popularity status.

 I guess people were anticipating our campaign this year?

"Um, I'm not sure about this year. I've run all three years and maybe I should give a chance to the other girls," I said. 

"You can't not run." Meghan stood abruptly. "You're Crawhill royalty! The school's princess. Loved by all teachers and students. Perfect grades, perfect boyfriend, and engaged in all school activities. No one else is more fit to run than you!" She stomped her foot. 

And with-child apparently.

"Thank you, Meghan, which is exactly why I feel like I could...crown the new queen. Almost like passing down my throne to someone else."

"Well if you don't run then neither can Julian, and she's our local queen," another member said.

"Yeah Tori you're running and that's final. Katie already printed out the flyers for you." Grace motioned to Katie's flyers. 

A blonde girl with very perky boobs stood up with a stack of flyers that had my name printed on the front. I rubbed my eyebrows with my thumb and forefinger. 

Duty calls...I guess. 

Jeremiah would tell me to tell them off. 

But I couldn't...I was the school's "princess." 

"Fine," I said. They smiled and we closed off the meeting by finalizing the theme of the yearbook. 

"Journalism meeting!" Dora, yes her name is Dora, pulled me into the writing lab. 

How many meetings would I be forced to attend in one sitting? I joined this club because of my interest in literature and because none of the cheerleaders were in this club. It had basically been an opportunity to expand my social circle, and I had. Dora, the head of the debate club, grabbed a marker and stared at all the members.

"Guys, we need new topics for our podcast." She said. 

The school's journalism club ran the podcast. All I did was organize their recording dates and act as a liaison between them and the students. My role in the journalism club was to write the school's paper and sometimes interview students. So, I didn't know why I was here.

"I'm sure you guys can handle that." I smiled as I clutched my bag to leave.

"And discuss what we'll be writing for this week's paper." She added. 

I subtly rolled my eyes and fell down in a seat next to Aubrey, the head of drama club. She was quiet popular herself.

"She seems preppier than usual." Aubrey was referring to Dora. 

"Okay, in this week's paper, we should definitely give more details about homecoming night and how king and queen announcements will work. We should also talk about the upcoming baseball game, and I heard the robotics club was working on a prototype that could win Nationals. As for the podcast, I don't know, talk about pop-culture or something." I said, being glad I did my part.