Epilogue Pt. 3

A Few Months Later (Jeremiah's POV)

I hauled up the last box from the back of the trunk. 

"Gosh, what do you have in here? Bricks?" I groaned. 

Jenna rolled her eyes. "Oh don't be dramatic." She playfully shoved me and grabbed the box from my hands. "Hm, seems light as a feather to me."

I put my hands on my waist and smirked. "Okay, carry it inside then."

"Watch me." She marched up the stairs to my apartment and forcefully kicked the door open. 

I followed her into the kitchen where she dumped the box on the countertop. "Boom! Wasn't that hard."

I stretched out my arm. "Well, you didn't have to carry six other boxes."

She smiled and tugged on my flannel to bring me closer. 

Mmm, she smelled like peaches. Our noses touched and her silver eyes sparkled mischievously. "There's more."

I tipped my head back in annoyance. "Okay, maybe it was a bad idea for you to move in."

She laughed. "You should've considered all of this before you asked me too. Now chop chop, bring in the rest of my things."

"And what will you be doing?"

"Making space for my clothes in your closet, of course," she patted my cheek and headed towards my room. 

"My closet?" I sighed. 

"Oh yes, I'm going to need 70 percent of it!" She called back. 

I rolled my eyes with a smile on my face. 

Despite my complaints, I was glad to finally have her move in with me. After Victoria, I never thought I would be with another girl again. In my first year in college, I didn't even make eye contact with girls other than Kya. Everyone and everything reminded me of her. Victoria. 

But Jenna was different. When I first saw her, her beauty struck me. There was something ethereal about her. The silver eyes, the long ash-brown hair, the olive skin. I was almost convinced she wasn't real. But then she spoke...and she cursed up a storm. 

I remember that day like it was yesterday. We were at baseball practice, and she stormed unto the field, caught the ball her brother was pitching, marched up to him, and chastised him for cheating on her friend. 

I was so taken aback. How could words so foul come out of a mouth so lovely?

Then she had turned towards me and sneered. "What're you looking at?"

"Your shoelaces." I had said. "They're untied." 

She had just smiled at me, without looking down. "Duh." Then she stormed off. 

From then on, I think I let my curiosity get the best of me. 

Meeting her had been like drinking a glass of cool water on a sunny day. I couldn't get enough. 

She could come off as harsh and vulgar when she needed to, but other times, she was just the sweetest girl. The kind to stay up all night tutoring her twin brother even though she had a test of her own the next day. The kind to drop her best friend off at work every day because she couldn't afford a car. The kind to show up at my grandmother's funeral even when she doesn't owe me anything. She couldn't care less about what other people thought about her, she did these things because she was just a good person. 

And Cross liked her, which was a major plus. 

I finished bringing in the last of her things and resigned on the couch.