chapter 16

Ruby sat up from the floor "Derrick???" She asked.

"Ruby???" Derrick asked.

"You guys know each other?" William asked.

"Unfortunately, yes. This is the girl who rejected me." Derrick said.

"For a damn good reason," Ruby said.

"Oh, you're the girl who broke my brother's heart?" William asked.

Ruby laughs. "Broke his heart? Is that what he told you?" She asked.

"Yeah, bitch. I told him exactly that." Derrick said.

"First of all, I think you might wanna lower your tone. Second of all, the reason I rejected you was because you're a fucking douchebag." Ruby said.

"What did he do?" William asked.

"Your beloved brother tried to roofie me. And he's mad that I called him out on his bullshit." Ruby said.

"Oh fuck you," Derrick said.

"Derrick! Don't speak to her like that." William said.

"Oh, so you actually care about this bitch? That's pathetic. You could've chosen someone better. A lot better" Derrick said.

Ruby got tensed up. "I swear to god, call me out of my name again and I'll-"

Derrick interrupts Ruby.

"You won't do shit. That is who you are. That is what you'll ever be." Derrick said.

"Derrick, stop talking right now," William said.

"No way! I think this is getting more interesting! Have you told her about the other women that have been here? You had quite a lot." Derrick said.

Ruby looks at William. "So was I just another one?" She asked.

"No Ruby I-"

Ruby interrupts William.

"That's exactly what you are. Another one. You are not special sweetie." Derrick said.

Ruby stands up to put on her shoes.

"Well then. I think I should be going now." Ruby said.

William goes after her.

"Wait, Ruby. Please don't go." William pleaded.

"I think I should. This is getting too much for me and I need to leave." Ruby said.

"Can I at least walk you out?" William asked.

"No, I'm fine William. I'll see you around." Ruby says as she grabs her purse and leaves.

Ruby couldn't believe it. Derrick was William's brother. They act nothing like each other! She couldn't believe Derrick tried to make her look like the bad guy in front of William. She also couldn't believe she kissed her. It was all happening too fast for her.