Chapter 8

So this is the Fitzphie chapter we have all been waiting for. Enjoy!

- Rsurana216 (#1KOTLCFan)

Sophie woke up to an aroma from the kitchen. She immediately jumped up, and ran downstairs. She ate her breakfast in two minutes, and had 3 helpings. Then she remembered, "Fitz is coming."

She ran back upstairs and went into her shower. As the colorful water splashed down on her she thought about what to say to him. She really, really, really, really, really, really wanted him to be her boyfriend, but she didn't want him to live in shame.

As she put on her shimmery blue tunic, she heard the door open, and Edaline say "Hi," clearly surprised. Sophie rushed to clean her room and ran downstairs again.

"Hi Fitz, want to come up to my room?"

"Sure," he smiled. Sophie, followed by Fitz entered her room. Sophie sat on her bed, and Fitz just stood awkwardly.

"Can I sit down?" he asked.

"Yeah," she scooted.

"Soooo, what did you want to talk about?"

"Us."

"Like," he pointed to both of them "Us,us?"

"Yeah, us, us."

He took a breath in and out. "Okay. So, I don't know how to put this, but I still really like you, and I just had to tell you to prevent things from getting awkward."

"I know. I like you too. Like really, really, really, really like you," she said.

"Yeah, but I don't think you'll ever forgive me for the things I said. I wasn't very nice."

"I know, but there's nothing wrong in thinking about yourself and your future. I understand how much your family means to you."

"Yeah, but even after everything, I can't imagine my future without you in it."

"Same here."

"So, can we just start over?" He asked hopefully.

"I don't know. With the whole unmatchable thing going on, and your family name. We would both be shamed. And if we ever had children, they would be shamed too."

"Yeah, but Dex's parents did it."

"Their situation is really different from ours," she pointed out.

"Yeah, but they still loved each other," he looked up at her, "Like we love each other."

"I don't want to be selfish, but if you think we can be together, then I say let's go for it."

"Really!?"

She twined her hand with his, "Really." She leaned her head against his shoulder. "You're the best, Fitz."

He stroked her hair. "I know."

Sophie got up and smacked him playfully. "Okay, so when did Biana and Keefe become a thing."

"You know, I really don't know myself. But I had a talk with Keefe. I think they're good for each other."

"Yeah," she nodded, "They really are the perfect couple."