PART FIFTEEN

~Beam~

4pm Friday *In coming call from P'Type
"Hey N'Beam, I'm on your campus. Where are you?"-P'Type. " Hi,P' I'm at the parking lot, I won't..." *CLICK, Beep.Beep.Beep* I looked at the ended call, why does he always end the call abruptly?tsk. I proceeded to walk to my car when I heard P'Type calling out my name from a distance. He finally caught up with me completely out of breath from all that running.

" Nong, are you ready to go? I booked your room at the resort"... He did what already!!!, " P'Type you said you would wait for my response first".
"Well N'Ming is taking Kit with him, and N'Pha told me he has a date with Yo. I figured you wouldn't want to be alone this weekend"-P'Type. Why would he make a decision for me? Who the hell does he think he is? " Well P' I don't want to go, I also have PLANS!! Bye!!". Before I could turn around to leave he grabbed me by the wrist, " Please Nong!! Come with me I won't ask for anything else!!!" He really is not taking NO for an answer.

" P' I really don't want to go, please let go of my wrist!" He pulled me in closer to his body and placed his hands on my waist. "N'Beam! I've been treading very lightly with you lately . I haven't been nothing but nice to you? Why don't you like me, huh? Is it because of P'Forth?" -P'Type. My eyes widened at the mention of P'Forth. Huh?!, what made him say his name? As if he heard his name, my phone started ringing, I pulled off P'Type to answer. My heart started beating fast at a glance of my caller id. Why do I feel like a cheating boyfriend who has been caught in the act! I picked up on the 3rd ring.

"Hi, P'Forth!!"... oh my beating heart be still. I looked up and P'Type was staring at me with those sad eyes, as if he was heart broken. " Hi Beam, where are you?"... I didn't know whether to console P'Type who look like he was about break down, or answer P'Forth. " Nong, where are you right now" he asked again. " ummm... P'...ummm, I'm I'm about to head home". Click* then I heard a voice that belonged to P'Forth say, " GOOD!!! BEAM.LETS. GO." In a stern and commanding voice that startled both P'Type and I😯.

~Forth~

I sat in my car watching the interactions between Type and Beam before giving him a call. When he answered, he hesitated when answering my questions. That's when I decided I have seen and heard enough, then got out my car to confront them. As if they were caught in an unlawful act they were both startled when I called out Beams name. I don't know what games N'Type is playing, but that Shit! Ends today!!!

" BEAM!!!GET.IN.THE.CAR!!!".I hollered ..." But P'Forth I drove here (pointing to his car)"-N'Beam.
" Beam!!! I said get in the GODDAMN CAR!!!". My heart was beating so fast 💨 , adrenaline was rushing through my veins! I didn't want to do anything rashly , I need Beam to be obedient right now because I can foresee this whole shenanigan going left.

As if he noticed the urgency in my voice, Beam hurried into my car. I watched N'Type glare at me with so much anger. I was waiting for him to say a *WORD*, I swear I would have beaten him into a pulp. Instead he did the wisest thing he could do right now, and that's to walk away. I took a couple of deep breaths and walked back to my car and drove off.

The tension in the car could be cut with a knife, we both remained silent until Beam noticed I was not driving towards his apartment. " where are you taking me P'Forth?"-N'Beam. I glared at him and look back on the road. All I could think of is what him and that asshole has been doing all this time I was away!!😤

The sight of him grabbing Beam on the waist kept replaying in my head. I tried asking Beam in the calmest voice I could conjure up with, " N'Beam! What is your relationship with Type?".... "We are just friends P"-N'Beam. " Does he know that? I've you been doing anything that would make him think else?"

~Beam~
I am in the car with P'Forth heading God knows where since he would not answer me. He look like a ticking time bomb, and I am doing all I can to not set him off. The last time I saw him with this face was when he first met Phana. I hate to admit it,but if P'Forth goes off I'll be no match to him.I am contemplating whether to text Phana for backup, but I don't even know where he's taking me!!

Then he asked my relationship with P'Type. That definitely took me for a loop, but I can understand how what just happened now would make someone think that until he said, " you must be closer than that, for him to answer your phone calls!"-P'Forth. Huh!!!! When did Type answer my phone call? Next, we pulled up to the parking lot of a fancy restaurant. " I wanted to surprise you to dinner , even though I've lost my appetite. We are meeting with Lam and Park, we will finish this conversation later"-P'Forth.

~Forth~

I managed to calm myself down a bit, and based on the shock look on N'Beams face I guess he didn't know Type answered his call. I didn't want the night to be awkward so I decided to let it go and enjoy dinner with him. " Hi, we have reservations with..." before I could answer Park screamed " over here Forth!!".

Smh, this guy!!! Even in an upscale restaurant he act like this. I lead Beam to our table, where the couple looked like they've finished a bottle of wine already. "Hi N'Beam!! You still in uniform. Did forth Kidnap you from school ?lol" -Lam. Lam and Park's antics made Beam laugh. It definitely eased up the tension.

We placed our order, and Lam and I proceeded to check off our final list for our annual trip which was tomorrow. "So N'Beam what year are you in"-Park. He made small talks with Beam. " I'm in my sophomore year now P" N-Beam..." You must be really smart to be studying medicine, that is a hard field to get into"-Park. " oh yeah, P'Park. I won't call myself smart, but I'm definitely a hard worker. I dedicate myself to studying "-N'Beam.

Then he followed up with " How long have you and P'Lam been a couple?"-N'Beam. " well if you ask me I'll say, since the first day I set eyes on him"-Park. I could see Beam smile, I miss that smile. Lam and I were done so we joined in on their conversation " but if you were to ask Lammy!! He would say the first time we Ffff...ooww!!"-Park. Lam jabbed him in the ribs before he could finish his sentence. Both Beam and I started cracking up from laughter.

" You are a very lucky guy P'Park, P'Lam is very handsome 😊"-N'Beam. I dropped my fork instantaneously * FUCK* I thought I told N'Beam not to ever repeat that in front of Park!!! Park looked at him sternly and said, " kid you better thank your stars that you are Forth's boyfff...oowww what the hell LAM!!" I could tell Lam stomp his foot under the table from his reaction.

" Thank you Nong Beam, you are very handsome too yourself"-Lam. I gave Lam a look that said, thanks for saving his life. " So N'Beam, What are you doing this weekend? You should go camping with us"- Lam. That's actually not a bad idea I can keep an eye on him that way. I can't risk leaving him here in the city, besides it would be the perfect setting to ask him to be my boyfriend. I glanced over to hear his response....