Dozy

Much to Mallory's amusement and Vlatko's disappointment, Crystal and Megan were very late to training. "Hurry up ladies!" Dawn called out as the players jogged red faced onto with pitch with their howling teammates "you're late enough as it is!" Karima personally felt embarrassed for them so she turned her head even though a smile was creeping onto her face.
Training was ok. They started off with passing and shooting drills, jogging before finishing with a 5- a side tournament. Karima was placed with Ali, Sonnett, Tobin and Alyssa. Their team won their first game 3-2 ("That goal was offside!" Kelly screamed ) and they were in the "final" against Christen, Rose, Mal, Crystal and Ash. "You're going down!" Ash roared. Even if it was all for fun, Karima was quite intimidated. Within the first ten minutes it was 1-1 with Tobin opening the score by nutmegging Ash and Christen equalising from kickoff.
Both players were beginning to get knackered. Then suddenly one long ball from Rose sent Christen through. Karima knew that she couldn't match her pace and while Christen took on Sonnett and Ali, she races towards the goal. "What are you doing?" Alyssa cried out. "You're supposed to close her down." Moments later Alyssa rushed out to Christen who had beaten Emily and Ali before the striker dinked the ball over her. Everything seemed to go in slow-mo as Karima stuck out a leg to clear off the line. "GO DOZY!" Kelley barked. The midfielder looked up. "Dozy?" Karima questioned. Kelley gave a serous look. "Your new nickname." Vlatko was impressed. "Good reading Karima."
The game had a bit of a flat ending with Ash turning the ball into her own net to give Karimas team the win. After posing for a winners photo (which Karima hoped wouldn't go on social media) the team headed to the changing room. "So Dozy" Ash came up to her "ready for your debut tomorrow?" Karima sighed. "Oh please, I won't play." The goalie wrapped an arm around her. "Pfft." She rubbished. " After that? You're a guaranteed starter."