U.S VS CANADA -#3

Just minutes in and the game already got VERY DIRTY. Jessie Fleming got the first yellow with a cynical tackle on Christen. Tempers began to flare up more in the 32nd minute when Chapman clearly hauled Tobin down in the box. But the Mexican referee wasn't interested despite protests coming from the players, bench and fans.
As for McClaude and Mendoza...barring a couple of elbows and patronising marking from the former, things didn't really heat up until just after Tobin's (failed) penalty appeal. Canada had an excellent chance to counter after Rose lost possession. McClaude then attempted to nutmeg Mendoza whose legs were not open. After the ball bounced on the legs of the American, Sharon turned to Karima with an odd look on her face. "I'm surprised you kept your legs shut this time Doz" she sneered. Karima ignored her. Not long after, the duo clashed again. McClaude came in crunching late on Mendoza and the pair went flying. Sharon got up relatively easily and was greeted with a yellow by the ref making her the 3rd Canadian to be cautioned and the 6th overall. McClaude was furious though and turned over to Mendoza where she hissed "You can fool 'em but not me Mendoza." As she was being dragged away by Fleming she added "you can't hide from me!" Crystal eventually went over and helped her up. The following free-kick ensued chaos. The ball clearly hit off Chapmans arm. The referee initially gave a corner to the Canadians relief. However the U.S's protests could not be ignored once more and V.A.R was called into action where the ref  gave the USWNT a penalty and Chapman, a red card. Carli then converted the penalty to break the deadlock. Just then halftime came . The changing room was silent despite being ahead. Vlatko and Dawn came in. "We have to keep our heads" the head coach urged " they won't be too annoyed right now because we're becoming too distracted." Andonovski then pointed to Crystal, Emily and Tobin. "You guys have to be extra careful as well. The Canadians are gonna target you guys even more now for revenge." Vlatko finally turned Karima. " For such a heated game, you're impressing me on your debut. Just don't let McClaude get into your head." Karima nodded but knew that was the one instruction she couldn't follow.
As they heads back onto the pitch, the players gave several exchanges to the Canadians. They now seemed more...angry. By the first ten minutes of the second half, both teams made their first changes. Scott came off for Schmidt and Lindsey was on for Crystal. The game still wasn't opening up although more players were getting booked. Five minutes after coming on Lindsey was given a yellow for shoving Zardorsky into the advertising boards and fellow substitute Schmidt was given a booking for elbowing Becky in the face. Then in the 63rd minute the Canadians got a corner. Sinclair effortlessly outmuscled Dahlkemper and O'Hara in the air and headed the ball past Naeher. Karima kicked the post in frustration. She really wanted the team to have a clean sheet on her debut.
Nothing much more occurred until the 83rd minute. The Canadians had a good passing pattern around the U.S and suddenly Sinclair and McClaude were in the box against Naeher. Sinclair squared the ball to McClaude. Mendoza managed to stick her boot out to the ball on McClaudes right foot. As the Canadian went to strike, the ball deflected off Mendoza and onto McClaude out for a goal kick. Karima could hear the U.S fans roar as if they just scored. McClaude wasn't taking it though. She instantly got up and squared to Karima. "Salope sale!" She screamed ( "You dirty slut!") of course Sharon knew that Karima knew French . "Comment saurais tu?" She calmly responded. ("How would you know?") Sharon somehow got even closer to Karima so that their noses were touching. "Je sais que tu ne sais pas." She responded while looking at the rushing players coming to separate them. ("I know shit about you that they don't"). Before Karima could reply, Emily and Christine pulled her and Sharon apart respectively.
Yet they couldn't be kept apart for long. A minute later and Karima found herself in the opposing penalty box courtesy of an excellent pass by Rose. Just as she was preparing to pass to Megan ( who came on for Carli in the 75th minute) a certain player came crushing into her ankles. "FUCK!" Karima yelped before being bundled over McClaude. Instantly Sharon got up and screamed at Mendoza writhing in agony. "Ils ne savant pas quelle salope tu es!" ("They don't know what a bitch you are!") Karima could make out the referee beckoning the angry teen and giving her a second yellow before much to the crowds joy, a red. A hand was placed on Karimas shoulder. "The medical team are coming." Emily soothed her. On cue the medics arrived. They sat her upright before stretching her leg and firmly grabbing her ankle. "Have you had any problems with your ankle before?" They questioned her. Karima blurted out "Yeah Sharon knows I've got history with my ankle." Much to the medics surprise. They then spoke on the walk-in talkie before telling Karima. "We've not any subs left just to let you know." Karima looked to Sharon who was arguing with an official. "I want to play the full 90." She firmly told the team.
After a lengthy wait with Karimas ankle being checked, Megan took the penalty and sent the keeper the wrong way. There was 6 added minutes and although the Canadians had all the possession, they were unable to score and the game finished 2-1. Well Karima thought I'll certainly remember this.