"Time for the party to finally begin!"

It was the evening now. Everyone was just regathering themselves ahead of the massive celebrations later on. Karima had been told to meet Emily on the balcony.
After reading the note, Karima turned around to see Carli walking past. "G'luck with the surprise btw."
Karima was surprised. "Do you know it?" She was surprised to see the New Jersey native nod. "I think you'll like it." Lloyd winked before walking away and ignoring Karima's pleas for further information.
Doing as she was told, Karima headed out onto the balcony.
Where she saw a wooden table and...Kelley?
"Wait what are you doing?" Karima asked the now retired defender.
"Supervising you until your surprise comes." O'Hara smirked. Karima was annoyed. "Wait does everyone know?" This was meant to be an exaggeration but Kelley nodded. "Seriously?" Karima fumed.
Then right on cue, Emily came along. Ignoring Kelley's wolf whistling, Karima asked her girlfriend "Does everyone know about this surprise ?" Emily shrugged. "Only a few people were meant to know."
They both sat and Kelley left saying she'd "leave them to get along with their business".
Karima was nervous. Although for once, not as nervous as Emily. "I know you're scared of commitment." She began. "I am as well. Well I was scared. Until I met you." Karima couldn't help but laugh. "Is this going to be cringey?" Emily giggled. "Shut up. I poured my heart into this."

The defender continued. "I'm committed to you though. Forever. The challenges we've went through, nothing has changed us and I'm confident nothing will. I want to make this official. Make us official."
While the speech seemed to have made this obvious, Karima didn't get the hint until Emily pulled out a box. On one knee, Sonnett said "I just want to know...would you marry me?"

Karima's eyes widened. She swore for a moment she heard gasps. Then with tears in her eyes she looked at Emily. "Um...fuck yes!" She then dragged Emily up to her knees where the two now fiancées shared a passionate kiss.
Then they heard clapping. The duo turned around to see their entire team in attendance having hid behind the curtains. "Are we invited?" Megan spoke up. Karima rolled her eyes. "Obviously." Much to everyone else's joy.
Then Ashlyn yelled "Time for the party to finally begin!"