Family Affair -#1

The game against the Aussies came. Karima woke up and under the watchful eye of Dawn, had 2 honey sandwiches with a cup of milk. This time when Karima got on the bus, she was joined by Emily. Raising an eyebrow she asked "Where's Carli?" Emily pointed behind them to Carli winding Becky up. "Thought you'd like to see me as well." The defender pouted. Sticking out her tongue Karima said "You're the person I'd least like to sit next to." "Oi!" Emily nudged her and the pair burst into laughter.
The journey was ok until Karima got an unwanted message.
From Yazmin
Hey! So excited to see you play today!

Raising an eyebrow Karima typed back.
How did you know I was playing?

Almost instantly she got a reply.

Your friend Emma told me. Why didn't you tell me? I nearly missed getting a ticket!

Karima sighed so loud, it got Emily's attention who had headphones on. Noticing her worried look Karima assured her "Just forgot something." That wasn't exactly a lie. Realising she needed to text Emma, Karima said.

Emma why the fuck did you invite my sister? You know I didn't want her to come!

To her surprise Karima got a response

Why the fuck shouldn't she come? She's your sister. She wasn't the only one I invited btw

Karima was truly beginning to panic.

Emma please tell me who else you invited

Not seeming to bothered her best friend texted back.

Your sisters husband, your other sister and brother. Your uncle was also in Orlando weirdly enough and we managed to get him tickets!

Furiously , Karima typed

Which fucking uncle?

The answer she dreaded the most came up

Think his names Mahri?

Karima massively exhaled. Her mums brother. A pushing, controlling man who encouraged her mums abuse.

You may as well have invited my bloody father while you're at it!
Karima sent back.
Emma appeared confused.
Wait but I thought your dads dead?

Deciding the best thing to do was switching off her phone, Karima looked up to see them at the Exploria      Stadium. Giving one last sigh, Karima had something else to dread now.