The no.1 secret

Karima really didn't think the last person she'd see before taking a decisive spot kick would be her mum. Weirdly, the woman who abused her kept a strangely neutral face. But Karima could see in her eyes the anticipation of her daughter missing. How she'd be right . How she birthed a failure. Karima couldn't let that happen.
The angle had now narrowed. Labbé appeared practically massive in goal compared to the ball at Karima's feet. Taking a deep breath, Karima heard the whistle signal her to take the penalty.
Everything went slowly . Well at least slower than the approximate 3 seconds it actually took. With her right foot, Karima struck the ball. To her horror, it started spinning. It was going wide.
Then to some miracle, the ball curved drastically. Labbé just stood still. As did Karima. As did everyone else in the stadium. As soon as the ball nestled into the bottom right of the net, Karima ran towards Alyssa Naeher and soon afterwards, they were mobbed by the entire team.
After a while being stuck at the bottom of the pile, Karima raced over to her family. She was told by Maya that her uncle and mum "went to the toilet" much to her disbelief. After embracing Cole and Emma ("You fucking did it!") Karima took her nephew into her arms and lead him onto the pitch where they mucked about.
The ceremony was surreal. After being presented with the gold medal and flowers, Karima turned to Sonnett. "So," the defender cheekily smiled "when am I going to uncover your biggest secret?" Karima looked down. "When it's just you and me." Emily's eyes widened at that.
The celebrations continued to be wild. It was now 10pm and the likes of Megan, Christen, Ash and Alex were entertaining everyone by dancing on tables and singing their hearts out while being very intoxicated. Karima was pretty entertained by this. Then she felt a tug on her arm. She turned to see Emily with a mischievous expression on her face. "We can sneak off y'know." Karima turned around to see everyone else heavily distracted. Nodding, she followed Emily to their room.
Emily collapsed onto her bed when they arrived at their room. Judging by her grin, she was eager to find out Karima's no.1 secret. The midfielder was increasingly anxious to say it. But it was part of the deal. So in the quietest voice possible she revealed "I like you."
Then a pair of lips smashed into hers.