An overdue converstaion

Karima was so busy with the celebrations that included a ticker tape parade and the whole team getting interviewed on Good Morning America , that she didn't tell Emma until today.

K:Ems...I don't think you'll believe it!
E: What? You're making me nervous!
K:Emily...PROPOSED!
E:WHAT? NO!
K:YES!
E:FUCK NO!
K:FUCK YEAH!
E: (extreme squealing) IM GOING TO BE A FUCKING BRIDESMAID!

Karima had been so overjoyed. Then when she saw Emily sit next to her with a serious expression, she knew her mood was going to change. "What's up?"
Emily sighed. "Karima...we need to tell your family."
Karima lurched back. "What?" Emily held her hands up. "Look you can tell them yourself I don't mind but it's just..." Emily looked down. "They need to know."
Karima nodded before texting Yazmin.

Im gonna book dinner for all of us. I think we need to talk things out.

Karima didn't mention anything to do with a proposal. Heck, she was freaking out over just meeting all of them yet alone reveal she was engaged.

So when it reached 8pm, the time Karima promised Emily she'd go, Karima had to count to 30 several times before she could get out the door. Not without a goodbye kiss from Emily either.
Tottering down the rainy streets, Karima pushed the restaurant doors open to reveal to that unfortunately, everyone was there.
Having spotted the only vacant seat was in between Mahri and Mum (Karima suspected that was done on purpose) Karima awkwardly moved it next to Younes and Rami, the only people she felt wouldn't turn on her.
Dinner itself went by (relatively) smoothly barring Uncle Mahri throwing a fit because there was some pork he found in his casserole.
Karima then put down her cutlery, having finished eating and decided to make her announcement. "As you've all heard about me and Emily..." her pointed glare was focused on Maya "I've decided to make an announcement."
Mum confidently sneered "You've broken up."
Giving her mother a wicked smile, Karima put her hands together and announced "Me and Emily are getting married!"
As expected, the reactions wouldn't be normal compared to other families. Rami quietly mumbled "Uh-oh" , Younes went pale, Yazmin's smile began to fade, Maya choked on her spaghetti, Adam's face went red, Uncle Mahri spat out his water and Mum's eyes were bulging.

"I don't really think you guys want to come." Karima summarised. "This was just to let you all know." Rami admitted "I want to go." He looked towards his parents who looked back at Karima.
The players attention was on her mother. Mahri stormed out muttering "Sick lesbians" under his breath.
Mum's answer genuinely caught her out. "Why are you inviting me?"
Karima did a double take. "Well you're my mother."
"Oh really ?" Karima could spot her mums sarcastic tone. "What about the fact that I washed, fed and cared-" Karima couldn't take any more of this. "Then you'd lash out on me?"
Her mums face changed. "We don't know what you're talking about, you've went mishnoon (psycho)."  Mum then leaned forward.
"You don't talk about the fact that I was killing myself for you to do well." Karima rolled her eyes. The victim mentality had struck again. "It's always about you isn't it?" Karima exploded. "Bloody hell mama, you could make the holocaust about you!" She turned to the rest of the table. Then focused on her siblings. "You all point this out to me then sit there and not confront mum about it?"
No one seemed to have anything to say. Neither did Karima. Well, I've had my dinner Karima concluded.
With that, she got up ("What are you doing you bitch?") pushed her seat in and left.