"They know"

The next day, the USWNT found out that they had been drawn against the Netherlands in a repeat of the last World Cup final.
The match would be held in Auckland, so they jetted off to New Zealand where Karima sat next to Alyssa with Lindsey and Emily behind them, who wouldn't give anyone peace.
Having been given a day off, Emily and Karima went on a romantic stroll around the capital. Going into gift shops and signing shirts for excited locals, Karima was very happy until she came back into the room and saw she had 3 missed calls from Emma.
She instantly called back to an instant pick up.

K:Hey Em, what's wrong?
Karima knew something wasn't right by the pants and sniffing she could hear.

E: Karima...they know
K: Know what? Who knows what?

Emma seemed scared to spit the answer out.
E: Your mum and uncle...know you're with Emily

Karima felt everything start to spin.

K: How? Who told them?
E: Well it was on social media...and Maya showed it to them

Karima wasn't surprised. The middle sister was the ultimate favourite child and pet. She always had been. That seemed to be confirmed when she went into Dentistry just like her mum. Mahri liked Maya because...he liked that she always had the best grades and never disobeyed her mother.
Karima knew that Maya didn't really like her. Ever. She had only ever helped her younger sibling if it helped her. She couldn't forget the many times that Maya stood by and even at times, assisted their mums beating on Karima.

K: I guess they've reacted? Had something to say?
E: ...no

Now Karima was in a panic. What if they wanted to do something to Emily? Yes it seemed drastic but...

E: Karima, I promise you, Cole and I won't let anything happen
Karima breathed out a sigh of relief she didn't know was holding her back. Oh how she didn't deserve a best friend like Emma MacFarlene.
She then looked to Emily. There was no way she deserved the bubbly Sonny either.

K: Thank you so much Emma
E: Karima you know that I will always stand by you, no matter what the others will do
K:Farlene?
"Doza." Emma confirmed their pact.

After hanging up, Karima looked up to see Emily. Taking her hand, the midfielder looked at her and said "I don't care about them. I will stand by you for as long as I can."